West London Area, Goodwood Breakfast Club 02 August 2009

Hi all

August’s theme is ‘Soft Top Sunday - a Taste of the British Summer’ – which means we’re on theme and will be aiming to get there early to secure our spot in the paddock!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

We will meet at Ockham Common Visitors Centre, Boldermere Car Park, st1:streetst1:addressOld Lane</st1:address></st1:street>, Cobham, st1:placest1:citySurrey</st1:city>, st1:postalcodeKT11 1ND</st1:postalcode></st1:place>.  This is on the A3 just south of Junction 10 of the M25 (you have to approach it from the slip road off the roundabout of the A3/M25 junction). Get there from 06:00 with the aim of leaving promptly at 06:30.  Please note that the facilities at Ockham will not be open this early in the morning!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub/<o:p></o:p>

I know that other areas, such as South East, will also be making their own arrangements to attend this event, so there should be a great turnout of MX-5s on the day.  Last year I think we must have had the largest representation for a single model of car [H]

For those who are interested, Paul Clever is organising a short post-event drive and then a picnic for lunch.  Sadly, last year the rain put paid to this follow-on element [:(]

Bob

We’ll be there Bob…[;)]

Can probably add one to your convoy, where do you book for the actual event/what actually goes on?

I’ll be in for this. Can’t make it to Brooklands though [:(]

We will be there too Bob - my first time for the Breakfast Club![:D]

Excellent - look forward to meeting you Metalligator [:D]

You can register your interest in attending and what breakfast you might like to have (no obligation) at the Goodwood Breakfast club website.  This gives them an idea of numbers to cater for on the day.  But the event itself is free entry (which is one reason why we love it so much!).  On the day, there will be cars that are ‘on theme’ parked on the start straight and in the main paddock areas, while everyone else parks up outside the track. 

Then it’s a case of wandering round looking at the cars and grabbing some breakfast (although it ain’t cheap for a full breakfast). 

You can see some photos from the equivalent event last year at this topic on the ‘old’ forum.

http://www.mx5ocforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=63178&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Bob

Hey Bob

I’ll be there…always a good run &event this one

Hi Bob,

We’ll be there !!!

Pete & Sue Smith

Look forward to seing you all bright & early tomorrow - well, early at least [:S]

Should be a big turnout from across the regions, once all the different groups arrive - last year I think we had the largest number of cars for a single model on display.

Don’t forget to bring a picnic or BBQ stuff if you want to join in with the follow on activities in the afternoon.  As well as the picnic and visit to a garden centre in Stopham (where the South Downs Light Railway can be found) there is another group that will be going to West Wittering for BBQ, kite flying and time on the beach.

Fingers crossed the weather is going to be OK [*-)]

Now better head off to bed soon [|-)]

Bob

Hi Bob,

Had quite a bit of work done on the car, its only just about ready.  New exhaust (a little too loud for my liking at the moment - hope it mellows out) and some paintwork.  So I should be there in the morning as well - and am up for the activities afterwards.

Ijaz

Hi Bob

It was well worth the early start. What a great run down…no traffic…[H]

I’ve never seen so many cars at a Breakfast Club meet, and the weather was glorious…well done [Y]