West London Area, Goodwood Breakfast Club 07 June 2009

Hi all 

June’s theme is ‘Supercar Sunday - the Ultimate Performance Machines’ Mouth-watering (and mostly mid-engined!) ultimate performance cars and exotic superbikes, plus aerobatic aircraft – always a hugely popular theme, which is why we’re aiming to get there early!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

We will meet at Ockham Common Visitors Centre, Boldermere Car Park, st1:streetst1:addressOld Lane</st1:address></st1:street>, Cobham, st1:placest1:citySurrey</st1:city>, st1:postalcodeKT11 1ND</st1:postalcode></st1:place>.  This is on the A3 just south of Junction 10 of the M25 (you have to approach it from the slip road off the roundabout of the A3/M25 junction). Get there from 07:00 with the aim of leaving promptly at 07:30.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

In the car park is ‘Ockham Bites’ who can turn out a mean bacon or sausage buttie (and at a much more reasonable rate than you’ll find at Goodwood!).  Clean toilets are also available (once the snack bar opens).<o:p></o:p>

Let me know if you will be coming along; if there are enough of us then I’ll ask the staff on the snack bar if they can open early for us (normal opening is 8am).<o:p></o:p>

From here we’ll be driving down to Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit, via some fantastic country roads, for a spot of brekkie and to look at the cars.  <o:p></o:p>

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/breakfastclub/<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Bob </o:p>

Any takers out there???

So far just Sunny & me confirmed for this one.

Bob

I think I’ll be coming along to this one.

Cool - could be a good one to bring your son along to?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Just left you a v/m - not going to be able to make it - have been suffering from a horrible cold all week and need some rest.  Sorry. but hope you have a great time.

Karen.

I’m afraid I’m having second thoughts as well.  What with the weather, and probable muddy fields - I’m going to make my mind up in the morning when I take a look out the window when I wake up.

Hi folks
So, looks like I’d better fix the weather nice and early then [^o)]

Hope to see you JazzyB.

Think I’ll park up in the lay-by on the slip road, rather than in the Ockham car park, in case it’s only me. Can feel a little out of place early in the morning in that car park before the cafe opens [:$]

Bob