So far:

Neil

Richard

Colin

Paul (?)

Yes please

I’ll join you too.

Hi what time are you mee2

Quick update. Rather than take the boring route all the way up the M40, I’m proposing that it will be a much more enjoyable drive if we cut off at Oxford and take the A40 to Burford, head up the A424 via Stow-on-the-Wold, join the A44 and then the A46 after Evesham. Should take a max of two hours on a Sunday morning, so I suggest meet at Beaconsfield Services 08.00 for an 08.30 departure. Show opens at 10.30 so there will be no rush. We may even bump into the convoys from South Central and Solent which are taking bits of the same route. Thoughts?

map

Looks good to me.  There should not be too many HGVs or tractors, but maybe a few cyclists.  Have you checked for cycle competitions and rallies?

I’ve done the boring M40 a bit too much in the last few months.  There is always the temptation to go too fast, especially after passing a traffic clump doing a steady 65, and I want to hold onto my licence.

Have you checked for cycle competitions and rallies?

Good point, the lycra-clad hoards who think they own the road are everywhere these days…

The route looks good to me. Hopefully the cyclists will be on the B roads.

If you want a GPX file of the route, PM your e-mail address and I’ll send it over. See you at Beaconsfield Sunday morning…