West London Area - Trip to Guernsey and Jersey 11th June 2020

After thoroughly enjoying our trip to Ireland this year organised by Mal and Terry of Solent through S&C, we thought we’d go to somewhere else also completely new to us, and this time with slightly fewer (actually a lot less) long-distance high-speed driving miles.  Accordingly, we’ve signed up for the eight-day two-island break on Guernsey and Jersey beginning on the 11th June 2020.  This is the week after the big car show in Jersey.

I’ve chosen the 3* option mainly because all the meals are included (but there is the option in one of the hotels to upgrade to the a la carte restaurant) meaning I don’t have to test our non-existent local knowledge to find an evening meal on some nights as with the 4* option.  Also the Jersey hotel is inland and a lot quieter than the 4* choice. 

I spoke with James today at S&C and he gave me the Owners Club discount.  If you want to join us to make up an O/C group on the trip, give them a call to book and mention my name to join the party, you’ll also need your O/C membership number to get the discount.

The exact ferry timings have yet to be confirmed and the S&C website is being finalised for 2020 bookings as I write this.   I guess I might need to edit this post in future or add to the thread.  At time of writing, the page for last year’s accommodation was this http://www.sceniccartours.com/guernsey-jersey-hotels/4593795883

Being so far in advance, there may also be some variations on the final prices, and the print brochure is already a hundred pounds per person more than last year’s web price. However in the grand scheme of things it is a lot cheaper for me than going on a one week ski trip, it avoids air travel, and it’s not ‘foreign’.

Hopefully Linda and I will see some of you there if not before.

Richard Stevens

Seeing as we have a new website I felt it could be useful to bump this thread again now people are thinking about their holiday trips.

The Condor ferry sailing times on 11th June 2020 going out are confirmed as
Poole check-in closes 08.15
departs 09.15
arrives Guernsey 12.15
The Condor ferry sailing times on 18th June 2020 returning are
Jersey check-in closes 15.30
departs 16.30
arrives Poole 21.10

We paid the extra to upgrade to Club class for more comfort and to avoid screaming kids (if any) on the two main trips but did not bother for the short inter-island trip Guernsey to Jersey midday on 14th June.

We’re staying in the Peninsula Hotel in Guernsey and the Merton Hotel in Jersey.