West London Area, Valentines Drive 14th February 2010 - Now FULL

I’ve been trying out the route today and have amended the afternoon section to avoid Lewes.  Mind you - it’s lots of little country roads instead, so whether that’s any better or not we’ll just have to see! 

The new route should hopefully appear in the ‘Downloads’ area in the next couple of days - if nice Mr forum admin gets my email Big Smile.  You’ll need the one with THIS YEAR’S DATE on it Wink.

Bob

Hi bob - would have loved to do this route - enjoyed it last year.

We have friends down visiting so can’t make it. We’ll potter down to the Dering Arms instead - have to make do with the classic cars down there.

P

THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL - SORRY! 

<o:p>With around 90 people and 50 cars now expected, I’m afraid we can’t take any more additions Sad</o:p>

<o:p>As it is I’m having to confirm numbers once again with the pub to check that they can cope with the increase from my previous estimate of 70.  I’ll let you know the outcome.</o:p>

<o:p>The route is now available in the Downloads area of this forum (http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/run_details/default.aspx), but make sure you download THIS YEAR’S VERSION (14 February 2010).  Those of you with sat navs might want to have a go at plugging in the route during the course of this week.  </o:p>

<o:p>At the Chartwell car park please make sure you don’t park in the disabled spaces nearest to the restaurant and if we could leave the top level free for the rest of the general public, then we may make less enemies Wink.  Parking here is free at this time of year.  Please be patient when getting drinks as we’re equivalent to 2 coach loads of people turning up at the same time!  </o:p>

<o:p>That’s all for now - just hope the snow doesn’t interrupt proceedings Thinking</o:p>

<o:p>Bob</o:p>

Hi people,

How are the roads in Kent? Are they still icy/snowy? Huh?

Cheers, Jayne Cool

I was in Cowden today about 6 miles south of Chartwell, and it was fine & sunny up till 4pm…I think the snow was much more eastwards

roads are fine in pluckley area - though has just started snowing again this evening. It won’t stick though on the roads. Gritters are out in force!

Hello again everyone

Well, I spoke to the pub earlier this week to let them know we were up to 90 people and that was OK, provided people arrive in shifts and don’t all try to take to tables and get their carvery meals in at the same time.  So please be patient everyone and when you arrive at the pub, get straight in to settle down before the next group of cars arrives.  It will be an extended lunch period to cope with us all, but I’m sure fun all the same.

We’ll be splitting up into 3 or 4 convoy groups, each setting off 10-15 minutes apart from Chartwell and again from the pub after lunch.  While I know lots of you will want to be in the same group with your friends, please bear with us on this as we have to find a workable solution for a lot of people.

If the weather does turn out to be nasty tomorrow (we might just be lucky) then of course, we may have to cancel or curtail this event.  Please don’t come along if you are unhappy about the driving conditions where you are in the morning, or are concerned about the weather forecast. 

See you all tomorrow.

Bob

Thanks for the road reports. xx Big Smile

Bob…

What a fantastic turnout, despite the weather, it seemed like nothing was going to put anybody off coming…

It didn’t matter that the sun didn’t shine, it was just great to be there !

Big thanks to you, Sarah, Eric and of course Nick for leading the convoys and organising everything.

I think that the pub coped very well with the number of people that turned up.Thumbs up

I hope that everybody got a rose, if not, they’ll just have to go again next year…!

This really is a great annual event and getting bigger year by year !

Hi Bob

As mentioned above, well done on organising another fantastic run…and also to all your helpers Nick, Eric & Sarah.

Roof down all the way there and back…after all, what’s a little rain/sleet/snow when you’ve got a hat and a MX5 heater???

Once again, an excellent carvery…and I’m intrigued to know about the ‘incidents’ you mentioned that happened on the way down!!!

I think that lone MX5 with the steamed up windows in a layby got a bit of a shock when 15 other 5’s pulled in next to him!!!

I wonder what he was doing??? From {#emotions_dlg.rose} to {#emotions_dlg.brkrose}

And thanks to our very own Rudolph Valentino (Mr Rising Sun) for the rose each lady got!

Thanks Bob for another brilliant run. Weather was good and the tyre kicking at the pub was great.

Just a shame about our siezed calliper that we suffered on the way back, but at least I’ll be busy on Saturday fitting a new one plus new discs and pads.

Looking forward to next year.

Oh and it was really good to meet some new folks too.

Well done Bob.  In spite of your reservations about having such a large turnout is went extremely well.  Thanks to Rising Sun for the Roses, and to the other convoy leaders. The Pub did a marvellous job in coping with us all.

I only led my group on a couple of minor detours on the afternoon section, but we got to the Grasshopper OK in the end.
Thanks to everyone who turned out and made it such a memorable day.  Shame the weather wasn’t a little better but a special commendation on those who obeyed the MX-5 Law and had their tops down (like me)Thumbs up

Thanks guys & gals Smile

And thanks to Sarah, Eric and Nick for their help and to Mr & Mrs Risingsun for the roses Thumbs up.  Sarah, I forgot to pick up one of your lovely chocolates that you brought along for everyone Sad.

Sorry I couldn’t sort out the weather to my usual standard, although I did spot the sun very briefly in the afternoon!

A couple of pictures just to show you how we did entirely fill the car park at the pub for lunch.

Bob