West London Area, Valentines Drive 15th February 2009

Back by popular demand after last year’s big turnout from a mixture of local areas.  Will anyone bring roses again this year?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” /><o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>We’ll meet in Chartwell National Trust Car Park (<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags” /><st1:address w:st=“on”><st1:Street w:st=“on”>Mapleton Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st=“on”>Westerham</st1:City> <st1:country-region w:st=“on”>Kent</st1:country-region></st1:address>) from 11:00 for a 12:00 noon departure.  At the car park there are toilets and a restaurant (which I believe opens at 11:00) where you can get a hot drink before we set off.<o:p></o:p><o:p> </o:p>This will be a 90 mile round trip country drive with a pub lunch along the way.  Let me know if you will be coming along so that I can book the pub for lunch.<o:p></o:p><o:p></o:p>
Detailed route instructions will be provided (or you can download your own copy in advance from the ‘Downloads’ section of this forum) and if anyone has a walkie-talkie to bring long with them then that will help in the convoy.

URGENT UPDATE 

Mazda Chick has found out that there is a Tunbridge Wells half marathon taking place on the Sunday morning and the route seems to overlap with ours!  There will be road closures and diversions in place.

I’m talking to Mazda Chick & Eric(ET) about what course of action to take, so keep an eye here for updates.

FURTHER UPDATE

OK, so we’re going to go ahead with this as planned, but set off a little later than originally intended, to hopefully allow the roads to clear. So now we’ll be leaving Chartwell around 12:00 noon rather than 11:30.  That should give you all a little longer to grab a snack at the National Trust restaurant when you arrive [C]

There are parking ticket machines at Chartwell, but according to the signs, charges apply from March to November, so we shouldn’t need to pay the £2 fee.

The list so far…

sparklyberkeleybob 

Risingsun

Goonz 

Chrissie +1

Howie

Sunny (Karen) + 1 

PetweW & Anna

shelagh & trevor collins (Oxford Area)

Louis (harry?)

Sarah (Mazda Chick) & Martyn, plus from South East…                          
<o:p></o:p>Tom Moss and Lucy KennedyMarianne and Tony Banwell                  <o:p></o:p>
Wendy and David Rooke      

Penny Watson

Sheila and Brian Cooper 

Sandra and Andy Reeves

Paul and Jan (Stagman43)
<o:p></o:p>Patrick and Jane <o:p></o:p>Keith and Jo Visser <o:p></o:p>Nick and Jane Butler <o:p></o:p>Mike and Manda Watson<o:p></o:p>Paul and Katie <o:p></o:p>Tony and Lou (Speedlaney) <o:p></o:p>Dave Vallins + 1 <o:p></o:p>Peter King (New Member) <o:p></o:p>Janet Clark<o:p></o:p> Chris Unsted & Heather Warren<o:p></o:p>

John and Janet Wiles                                          <o:p></o:p>

Terry and Joy Bowler<o:p></o:p>

Frank & Sheila Humphreys<o:p></o:p>

John & Alice Mills<o:p></o:p>

Chris and Alan Brown<o:p></o:p>

Jill and Tony Ford (Junction)<o:p></o:p>
Eric (ET) & Bren, plus from North Thames…

Cliff H +1
Cliff & Rosie
Sue and Mike
John & Margaret
Ian P
Mick & Sue

Cheers

Bob

This was a great run last year, and an excellent turnout too.

We’ll be there

Us for sure

Bob, I will be there. Sorry for not making the Brighton run.  I’d only had the mk2 for 3 days at the time and it handles very differently to the MK 1. I didn’t sleep well the night before and thought it best not to risk driving new car whilst tired. Long term may consider getting it lowered and replacing horrible bulky airbag steering wheel with Momo steering wheel.

Please put 2 people on list for lunch as I will have a passenger.  My mum, or if I’m lucky a handsome young man!   

Karen.

Hi Karen

Glad to see you got a new car sorted after Zippys demise! Look forward to seeing it in the flesh on the run

I saw that I was already down for this run, must have posted on another thread…[:^)]

Doesn’t matter,we’re still coming…[;)]

Hi Sparkley Bob Please put Martyn (The Twat Navigator) and myself Sarah (Mazda Chick) down for this.

I believe we will also have from the South East Marianne and Tony, Wendy and David, Penny Watson, Sheila and Brian (possible) ,Sandra and Andy (possible), Mike Watson , Paul and Jenny Cleaver, Rising Sun , Goonz, Patrick and Jane, Keith and Jo Visser, Nick and Jane, Mike and Manda.

Do you want me to bring chocolate hearts for everyone this year, are you bringing the roses??? Let me know numbers etc Cheers Mazda Chick

Thanks for the update Sarah

I’ll update the list when I’ve got a spare hour or so [^o)]

Last year it was Mr & Mrs Risingsun who brought the roses - I’ve still got mine [:D]

Looks like we’re heading for over 20 cars already, so learning from the Brighton run I’ll be aiming to split us into 2 or more groups for the drive.  Route will be the same as last year, so I can supply that in advance (and get it loaded up here on the forum too).  Any volunteers out there to lead a group?

We may also have to think about capacity at the pub for lunch, I’ll try to contact them in the next week or so to find out.

Bob

Hi Sparkley Bob Always willing to lead, I have a set of walkie talkies so this will help, just need post code details for the pub etc and details of the route and sat nav can do the rest hopefully…!!! See you on the 15th Feb at Chartwell Cheers Mazda Chick and The Twat Navigator

Hi Sparkley Bob
Please add Tom Moss and lucy Kennedy to the list from the South East
Thanks
Mazda Chick

Hi Bob,Could you add me + 1 riding shot gun to the list [:D]

Bren and I plan to be there Bob. Hope it’s as good as last year.[:)]

Me too! 

You bringing any more of your North Thames gang along with you?

Bob

Seems like they’re an unromantic lot in North Thames.  As far as I know so far Andrew & Gillian Fearon and one other (but not in a 5) may be going.
I will put out a note to get final confirmation.

Lets work on it :slight_smile:

Hey EN4CER are you joining us?

Bob

The route is now available to download from the Downloads section of the forum.

Bob

Hi everyone

Given this week’s extreme weather conditions and the treacherous roads that this has led to, I’m keeping an eye on the weather forecast for next Sunday Confused 

If the forecast is for more snow or icy conditions then I will cancel the event on safety grounds.  I’ll make a definite decision either way by middle of next week.

Bob

…but you might want to hold fire on downloading it yet as I need to make some amendments following a test drive earlier today - sorry! [:$]

Pub lunch arrangements all sorted out, so just the weather to work on now [*-)]

Bob