West London Area - Weald & Downland - Sunday 19 August

This is a drive to visit the Weald and Downland Living Museum in Singleton, West Sussex on Sunday 19th August.

Update

West London members will meet at Ockham Bites, KT11 1NA, at 9:15 for a 9:45 departure. For members travelling from South Central Region or locations to the west we will have a rendezvous at the Royal Oak Public House GU29 0EP for departure at 10: 35. (The Royal Oak is approximately 1 miles South of Midhurst on the A286). For members travelling from West Sussex and Solent area we will rendezvous at the Triangle Car Park, PO18 0PP, to depart at 10: 45. (the Triangle Car Park is at the junction of Kennel Hill and Knight’s Hill and overlooks Goodwood Racecourse).

We have negotiated reduced entry prices for MX5oc members:  

Adults £12.30; over 65 £10.60; and if you wish to bring children or even the grandchildren the price is £4.40 for children 4 to 17 years old.  We will have our own reserved parking area which will be accessible from the Museum grounds so catering arrangements will be picnics, or you can eat at the very well equipped cafe on site.

For full details of the weekend attractions please visit  http://www.wealddown.co.uk/

Colin is the organiser for this event.

Please indicate whether you would like to attend.

Attendees

Colin
Richard & Linda
Helen
John & Patricia (to meet en route) 
Sandra & Kevin
Ron & Angie
Bob & Val
Bob
Graham & Sheila
Eileen & Chris (Triangle meet up)
Steve & Janet (Triangle meet up)
Miles & June (Triangle meet up)
Hugo & Ginte (Triangle meet up)

That looks excellent.  They have the Steam and Classic Cars event with ‘Vintage Music’ on that weekend.  We are very interested.

http://www.wealddown.co.uk/events/vintage-steam/

Thanks

Richard & Linda

Well spotted, Richard. And I seem to remember that is the reason why we chose that particular weekend!

Hi Helen & Colin,
Could you put John & Patricia down for this (solent area), we will meet you on way somewhere!,

Hi John

I haven’t worked out a route yet but as soon as I do we will in touch so that we can arrange a rendezvous point and who knows, you might not be the only Solent members to join us.

Colin

Hi Helen & Colin

Please could you put Kevin and I down for this?  

Thank you

Sandra

Evening Colin,

Good to meet you and whizzy again today at Polesdon Lacy, a cracking day which we enjoyed, and the weather was top down all the way.

As chatted about over our picnic lunch in the “dog pound” at Polesdon with John Wheeler, etc, I know you put us down on your phone to be included for the Weald and Downland run on Sunday 19th August, but to just belt and brace everything, both Angela and I (Solent) would like to be in for this.

Cheers v much,

Ron and Angela 

Update for our visits to weald and Downland museum on the 19th of August.

In addition to the normal attractions of the museum, as previously posted, there is also a steam and vintage weekend, so the museum will be busier than usual and for this reason we have been requested to be on site by 11 o’clock.

This visit is open to all members.

West London members will meet at Ockham Bites, KT11 1NA, at 9:15 for a 9:45 departure. For members travelling from South Central Region or locations to the west we will have a rendezvous at the Royal Oak Public House GU29 0EP for departure at 10: 35. (The Royal Oak is approximately 1 miles South of Midhurst on the A286). For members travelling from West Sussex and Solent area we will rendezvous at the Triangle Car Park PO18 0PP to depart at 10: 45. (the Triangle Car Park is at the junction of Kennel Hill and Knight’s Hill and overlooks Goodwood Racecourse).

We have negotiated reduced entry prices for MX5oc members:  

Adults £12.30; over 65 £10.60; and if you wish to bring children or even the grandchildren the price is £4.40 for children 4 to 17 years old.  We will have our own reserved parking area which will be accessible from the Museum grounds so catering arrangements will be picnics, or you can eat at the very well equipped cafe on site.

For full details of the weekend attractions please visit  http://www.wealddown.co.uk/

Sound great Colin, looking forward to it.
Sandra

Hi All,

It’s my birthday on the 17th August age 72, and my lovely wife Patricia will be making a cake or 2 or even 3, to share with you all, I will keep an eye open on just how many will be coming for this grand day out…

regards

John

Cakes, you say? Even more of a reason to come along!

[quote=Planet Claire] Cakes, you say? Even more of a reason to come along! [/quote]

Well Patricia is getting into baking mode by writing out a shopping list for the cake(s), so will it be ’ Strawberry Jam filling’ or ‘Apricot Jam filling’

By the looks of the members booked, she may only need to make 2 cakes, that is unless the west london and other regions members know different lol…

Either way Patricia and Me look forward to joining you all for a great day out…

We’re just a couple of weeks away from this event and we’re trying to finalise numbers so if you’re interested in joining us then please make yourself known :slight_smile:

‘Sun-god’ Bob said he will come along!

??

As long as it’s not the same sun Bob brought for our trip to Hayling Island in March, we should be alright ??

Hmmm, yes, he was having an off day then, wasn’t he?!

Hi everyone, just making the final arrangements for Sunday and I hadn’t appreciated that in order to qualify for the reduced admission rates, we have to make a single payment covering our party. This won’t be a problem as I’ll arranged to make the payment, but it does mean that you’ll all have to pay me individually for your admission fees. You can either pay me in cash on the Sunday or if you prefer to pay by electronic transfer please PM me and I’ll send you details of my PayPal account. Details of admission charges have been posted elsewhere on this thread.

For those of us meeting at ockham bites car park please be aware that this is now a pay and display car park but the first 20 minutes are free, so I suggest that you don’t arrive before 9:25 ready for a prompt 9:45 departure.

If any other members wish to join us for a visit to Weald and Downland, please register your intentions on or before Saturday of this week. Thanks very much.

Colin

Thanks for the update, Colin, especially regarding the parking charges that now apply at Ockham Common (Bob did warn me at the last meet).

Unfortunately I won’t be in the MX5 as she’s still at the garage, but will be in another blue Mazda.

See you Sunday.