West Midlands New Member saying Hi

Hi

Just picked up my new 2002 1.8i s-vt Sport and saying hi.

I regretted selling my last one 5 years ago and been on the look out for the same spec car ever since but had to be super clean, original and low mileage. And finally found one.

Lots of decisions to be made regarding keeping originality but making it an an occasional track day car. So I will be reading loads and asking the odd question.

Cheers for Now

Zip.

6 Likes

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my NB.

Greetings. I’m also in West Mids with exactly the same year and model as you except mine is blue. Owned mine since Jan 2915 and still enjoying it.

Welcome! Whereabouts in the West Mids are you? I lived in Coventry some years ago, but am now in Stafford.

Near Wombourne so will be trying to meet up with the South Staffs meetings / run outs. Missus just started work at Staffs College. Loves the people up there…

If you fancy a run out of a weekend in your MX5 then Shropshire MX5 (Facebook group, not MX5OC affiliated) does monthly breakfast/coffee meets at The Bell, Tong, and The Swan Hotel, Forton (we’re at the latter over winter). Someone in my MX5OC region (NWM) tracks his NC and does sprinting at Curborough as well as some AutoSol. He joined the Shenstone and District Car Club https://www.curborough.co.uk/sdcc-membership/

Congratulations and welcome! Nice car.

(Why is it people never post photos of the underneath of their new vehicles – the most important parts! :upside_down_face: )

David

Nice car Zip, I’m also from the West Midlands, bit South East of you, near Solihull, but have been banished to South Wales for my sins!

Welcome! My parents still live in Wombourne and my MX5 is stored close by for those times i get to visit and blow away the cobwebs. I love weekend blasts down the ‘rabbit run’ and through some of the country villagers that the bikers use in summer. Enjoy!