West Wales today

Beautiful weather today, so had a 6 hr run with the missus, a West/Mid Wales loop.

Started in Clydach in the lower Swansea Valley and headed north up to Ystalyfera. Then turned left up through cwmtwrch and cymllynfell to brynamman, then headed north over the black mountain (one of Top Gears testing locations) to llangadog. From here north west up through to Lampeter and joined the coast road at aberaeron.

Headed south on the coast road all the way to cardigan, and then headed back east to the salmon leap cafe at the waterfalls in cenarth (beautiful spot and great food, reasonable too). had late lunch here then headed back to cardigan, and then south to fishguard and st davids.

Through St Davids and onto Newgale. Stopped at Newgale for some refreshment and a look at the view

Here is the Ginger Ninja parked up in Newgale admiring the view…

Ginger Ninja at Newgale, Pembrokeshire

Ginger Ninja at Newgale, Pembrokeshire

From here we headed back home to Swansea via Haverfordwest, St Clears, Carmarthen and the M4.

All in all a nice mix of fast and twisty A roads with a couple of B roads thrown in for good measure.

Completely sunburned now, but really enjoyed the day and the roads weren’t that busy, not too many overtakes needed. Saw a few 5’s out and about and a couple of Mk3’s waved and a Mk2 also :slight_smile:

sounds good, we know some of the roads having holidayed in Aberaeron and near Newgale.    The salmons leap is very nice.

That’s a great route you’ve done today. We’ve done it a few times as an organised run with the south Wales area. We were out and about today with the club in the Ogmore/Llantwit Major area, although not as long as yours it was enjoyable nevertheless with 19 cars in total.

We hold our runs on the 4th Sunday of the month and our meetings on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at the Grove golf club, Porthcawl, although we’re doing a fish and chip run to Lampeter on our July meeting date. 

Why don’t you come over and check us out, it sounds as if you like the same type of driving roads as the rest of us.

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I am definitely planning on meeting up with you guys soon. I couldn’t make last weekend’s run as it was a bit short notice and had other plans, but I will try and make the July run.

Glad you all like these types of runs as I love them too, and after recently giving up motorcycling I’m really glad I’ve found another fun way of enjoying the countryside Smile

The fish and chip run sounds great too, lovely drive up to Lampeter, especially if it takes in the rollercoaster road through Talley on route Wink