What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Spent hours valeting the 5 for the wife,looks good…Thumbs up Big Smile

Drove from Essex to Bedfordshire but as the M25 was miraculously clear I couldn’t resist having a little bit of fun just to check the speedo really was working … Wink

Burned a tank of V-power at the MoT trackday at Brands.

Excellent day, great weather and with only a few exceptions really good driving standards.

Fitted inside S/steel door handle surrounds as I thought you could hardly see them in the dark. £11 delivered off Ebay, dead simple to fit, look good.

Fixed the drivers sun visor as I could not turn it to the right to use as a side shade by fixing the plastic bracket base on the opposite way! Sorted!

There was a screw in the ashtray when I bought the car and today found out that it is from the hood handle, so fitted thatSmile

Tightened all screws that I could find in the cabin and on hardtop latches… far few rattles when driving now!Thumbs up

Finally got time to fit the number plate brackets and a few other jobs that needed doing…

This is how it looked when i started

Posted Image

Also detangoed the lights and fitted the brackets

Posted Image

Left the other plate on incase i ran into problems

Posted Image

Fitted homemade slam panel

Posted Image

All done

Posted Image

Posted Image 

1 Like

As it was much warmer and actually sunny today, I managed to get the top down on the run home from work.Big Smile Even had to turn the heater down as it was buring my legs!

Hopefully it’s a sign that spring is on its wayCool

Decided to book her in for a service at Sam Goodwin’s next week…

Today, I took delivery of and fitted an mx5parts style bar - this one, to be precise.

Loving it - will attempt to get some photos taken once I wash all the road crap from her!

Only downside is that I can no longer pull the roof shut from a sitting position - this is going to make the next surprise rain shower interesting…

Sorry to let you know but you’ll have to pull over to do it now…Lets hope it never rains when we have our tops down  Wink

Just giving ‘little red’ a last hover out before the new seats go in!!

Retrimming my seats!!

Convertible Wash and brush up, and fitted a Blue Carbon Fibre Gear Knob that was on the Halfords Interweb thingy for GBP 10:00. I had promised myself one for ages and at that reduced price I had to have one.

Picked her upfrom passing MOT!!! and fitted some new door speakers as a treat - nothing special just 260w replacements as sick of the others blowing.

Changed upper and lower gear leaver boots and changed turret oil on both MK1 and MK2. 

It has made a difference to the gear changing perfect in all apart from notchy 2ndSad  It needed doing.  Both boots in MK1 were totally chewed up.  Just the lower one in MK2 was perished, but low on oil.

Fitted new bluetooth headunit, new gear  and hanbrake gaitors, handbrake grip, gear knob, ordered style bars , sill trims , mats, spent 5 hours deciding what wheels to go with and still cant make the decision grrrrrrrr to many choices

I bought some new wiper blades. I’ll fit them tonight. Dull job, but it’ll make it less smeary in the rain.

I’m all out of other modifications to make, apart from fit a front half on to my roll cage if I could find a supplier.

There’s a dead easy fix for this Lance. I attached a cord [last lead from a long dead very precious dog] to the front rail of the hood, loop it over the roll bar and pull!

Here’s a bit of vid [ignore the loud bang, I only did that for effect, and am normally much more gentle]

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j183/gwa_2006/MX5%20pics/?action=view&current=DSCF2578.mp4

Here’s a pic, look closely at the top of the roll bar

Cleaned and re-proofed the roof,(auto glym). Left it in the garage with the roof unlatched to dry. Looks good now.

I drove mine to work as usual.  Sorry to hear your news Vicky.  Enjoy the car while you’ve got it.  Good luck with the job hunting.

Geof,

The car looks the mutts nuts,weather looks good to.Is everything ok and when back to normal,by the way taking some pictures of 5 over he weekend and posting them on the site.