What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Was bored so did so polishing…

Now on e-bay!! Happy days got to pay that credit card bill!!!Cry

Had a look at Geoff’s roof closing device, too quick, now you see it, now you don’t lol.

Hoping to go on club outing to-morrow so I’ll go and kick the tyres, safety first.Big Smile

Took feet mats out and carpet in boot, washed them.  Will let them dry and then put them back in.  Tried to find the drainage holes under the car, can only find one on each side at the front which appears to be oval shaped.  Not sure where the rear ones are…  Yesterday ordered a bunch of auto glym stuff for cleaning the car and re-proofing the roof.

Replaced my O2 sensor and definately did not polish my alternator!

Dr. EunosGeek

Replaced crappy Halfords aerial with the genuine mazda base and stubby aerial from MX5parts. Woohoo! Can now listen to the radio in the car. If nothing else it’s good for traffic reports. Thought about washing the ol’ girl for the first time since August, but left it at that…no polishing of any components was undertaken…visible or otherwise…

gave it its first wash this morning more to get the mud off then to make it shine

why is it that when you start off the hose is neat and tidy then half and hour later - its like a ball of string - I only walked around the car - I wasnt playing twister ! 

This week I realised that I could not see my grill on my MK2 Phoenix so I made some L brackets (1 inch) and extended it forward! Then I found some “Frankenstein Bolts” and attached the grill…pleasure restored! <o:p></o:p>

In addition just to put the cherry on top, a lovely chap on this site Aran (cheers m8) got in touch and I purchased a tan Tonneau cover that I have been trying to find for 4 months to complete my lovely Mazda moo! <o:p></o:p>

My week……ah…….proper wonderful<o:p></o:p>

Jonny<o:p></o:p>

Today, I made a really good polycarbonate wind-break for my Eunos, looks fab, works great I`m happy!Big Smile

Dr. EunosGeek

Put on some gaz coil overs an mij exhaust and an induction kit then reversed into a tree and pulled mudflap off!

Fitted some clear side repeaters and going to fit chrome brake light cover in the morning.Bring on the nice weather. 

Drove the car on snow for the first time.  Very easy to get the back end out if you want, but if you’re careful it is generally pretty easy to avoid.  Also let my girlfriend use it for a bit - cold tires and sheet ice with water on top made for a sideways start, but generally she’s looking forward to summer.  I also managed to stall 3 times in a row due to selecting 3rd instead of 1st accidently due to the closeness of the gears (I guess for a lot of you this is a pretty bad mistake, but I’m just getting used to the car and driving again).  That was embarrasing.  Looking at a front grill to protect the radiator and waiting for cleaning stuff.  Car is filthy already after 3 days.

Took my MK2 to Mazder Mender so he could have his wicked way with herShock

Cheers Wayne!Thumbs up

Found a rusty bit and killed it dead … 

1 Like

I hate rust.  How did you kill it?Stick Tongue Out

went to MX5 parts today and bought a few blingy bits  - all to be fitted when the weather improves

Tried in vain to work out the stereo cable that was cut by the previous owner of my newly aquired 94 naAngry

Gave the old girl a very good clean and polish, she looks lovely again. Noticed a bit of rust behind the sill on the drivers side, in the wheel arch area, is this the dreaded sill problem? Anway, car looks great when it is polished.

Neil

1 Like

One of my colleagues recently traded her MK1 in for a Discovery… yeah I know, how could she???Shock

She asked if I wanted any bits off it before it … wentSadCry

I just had the chrome screen washer caps, so today I went to collect them and stuck them on my MK1, so every time she sees them at work, she will be able to remember her 5 and think how daft she was for geting rid!Smile

1 Like

Had full service today so the 5 is really happy,and Bitty and Me cos I drove her there and back (nice country roads,nice bends and straights)luvly jubbly…

Replaced the windscreen wipers - working a lot better now!  Starting to see what the car’s like higher up the revs.  Also put coffee in the car (apparently it helps get rid of smoking smell - plan to use vingar and charcoal when I get round to getting some though).  Then will try the oder eater and interior shampoo from Auto Glym when it arrives.