What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Collected the little lady after having the wheels dipped, stripped and powder coated… Now a lovely anthracite rather than silver 

After living where I am now for twenty years I finally got the garage cleared out and can get the 5 in the garage now! 

Went from this:

To this:

It’s a JVC KW-M730BT with Apple CarPlay. The double-din fascia I bought doesn’t seem to fit very well, so it’ll need some jiggery-pokery… but it’s good enough for now! Plus I need to get a steering wheel control adaptor. 

Very nice. 

Ive been tempted to do something similar, but would like a GPS within the unit too but those units seem a tad pricey. 

£199…

Just fitted the chrome door sills to my mk4. I’m pleased ??

Just fitted the chrome door sills to my mk4. I’m pleased ??

First really nice day with dry roads, and with the kids still on half term there wasn’t too much traffic out there either… what more excuse do you need for a bit of back road ‘briskness’? Let’s hope this spell of good weather continues for a while.

You have my sympathy,  vriley;172535], best of luck finding a new job quickly. Never happened to me thankfully, but as My father in law used to say, one door closes another door opens, or something like that.  

Is this stupid or what. I always keep my Eunos in the garage in between all the machines I have in there, I have to get my wife to guide me in as the clearance is so small on the sides, but this is the dopey thing I do, I keep my other every day £10K car on the drive all the time.   

I have been polishing the engine bay up a bit.

^^^ My eyes hurt, the cleanliness of it all and gleaming.

Fantastic job

OUTSTANDING

John

Not technically today but it’s the first chance to post…

Took the old girl for a good old nearly 200 mile jaunt around the Somerset area on Saturday. The sun came out in the afternoon and it was great to have the roof down and test out the new wind blocker. Also nice to hear the exhaust now it’s settled in and developed at nice growl when pushed.

Anyway here’s a picture of her at the beach at Weston 

I’ve looked at the beautiful NC on my drive and thought why am I allowing someone to take her away on Thursday.

I’ve also paid for the beautiful ND that I’m collecting tomorrow. That explains the first comment.

(Excited)

worth

adjective
Sufficiently good, important, or interesting to be treated or regarded in the way specified.

Don’t think I need to provide any additional justification.

Having spent a huge amount of time, effort and love restoring my 02 plate MK2.5 i find i have been bitten by the “5” bug, consequently i pick up my 10 plate NC Tech Coupe Thursday of next week, am i excited or what!!! 

P.S. if you no anyone who’s looking for a very well sorted 2.5 in black PM me for details including hundreds of before & after pics.

Managed to get some of these finished and finally fitted in the car yesterday, it’s slow going ATM with back pain, getting there though.

temp image upload

Been at that pesky thing called “work” today so I’ve not worked on my car.

However, a couple of hours ago I received a phone call from my son who just wanted to tell me he’s had his Mk2 re-tuned for a bit more poke under the bonnet. 280 horsepower at the crank, that should do it. I reminded him that he’s now got the equivalent of two 1.8 engines under the lid so take it steady!

Right on Mick 

all looking really nice? I love the door panel parts? They look really smart and the steering wheel bits, oh and the dash decor panels? New gaiters too! Where will it all end?  Sorry to hear your still suffering with your back Mick? That’s no fun at all mate. At least your keeping going!

Barrie