What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Well…Tuesday but I never posted…

Had IL Motorsport uprated ant-roll bars fitted front and rear to my NC.

1 Like

I’ve got the Motorsport bars on my NC3.5 ,very pleased with them they do help to flatten the ride out on turns quite well.

1 Like

I’m gradually working from the bottom upwards with minor and moderate upgrades on my NC prior to going the whole hog and a 200bhp power lift.
My aim is to get it handling and balanced right, so I’m used to it, prior to lifting the output.

2 Likes

I too have them on my mk3.5! Really like them :+1:
Barrie

1 Like

Managed to track down a water leak in the boot to the vent near the latch.

I was getting a shot glass worth of water in there every time it rained.

Stripped out all the boot carpet and dusted talc all over the boot floor.

3 Likes

extra DRL’s

3 Likes

Hi Geoff, you can never have enough lights! :+1::+1:
Barrie

1 Like

it is coming up to christmas , barrie :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Front bumper off for deep clean and swap the headlamp units for cleaned up replacements. I managed to scratch one badly and my local ATS managed to dribble brake fluid over the drivers side when doing a fluid change​:confounded::confounded:. Made a right mess, but they paid up.

Nice half day job, good to be able to get to some areas that haven’t been cleaned. Straightforward process of bumper removal and refit. Some muck under there but not as much as expected. What was best is that absolutely no rust. Even so, got some protection on before rebuilding

Next job, same on the rear bumper…

9 Likes

Do you have time on your hands by any chance?

If I get time on my hands, my wife has a habit of showing me the list of jobs that need doing - none of them involving showing any love for my Mk1!!! Then I do not have time on my hands…

Nice job though.

2 Likes

Tell me about it…

Wife was out at the gym when I started…

2 Likes

Beautiful response hahahhaha

I’ve also had this issue. I think part of the issue is that my mine is parked nose down on the drive (although not a significant angle) but enough that water can creep around the flap unit. Siliconing the top out edge and sides sorted it for me.

1 Like

I park nose slightly up on my drive.

I ended up tearing a small gap in the foam gasket about 1cm wide at the bottom to act as a drain then masticking the top half of the foam.

So far everything is bone dry :+1:

Put my very early 1998 NB in for its MOT test. It passed, again with no advisories. The tester commented that he was amazed how good the bodywork and underside was for such an early car. So far it’s never needed repairs.

2 Likes

New roof, nicely fitted by MX5 Parts - thanks Gents, as efficient in person as by post. Before and after photos - gone mohair. Here’s to the next 18 years!

4 Likes

:laughing:

You’ve struck a chord there, as a Carpenter my wife has an endless list of snagging jobs , so on a Saturday I have to time it right and knock out the jobs quickly while still looking concerned and professional so I can then spend time doing what I would rather be doing , which is fettling and polishing the 5 :+1: :grin: ,

4 Likes

quick run out and then cleaned the engine bay keeping things tip/top

1 Like