What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

I’m up on the North Essex coast and it’s getting a bit lively here as well, :grimacing:

I’m down in Plymouth and actually went and removed the cover at 3:30am

1 Like

After the wild windy rain last night - it’s the calm after the storm, lovely sunshine in North Nottinghamshire now…

Wow, thats very intrepid of you.

Here in Exeter too :slight_smile:

Storm Bella was blowing strong in Lincolnshire last night.

Garden furniture rescued from flower borders, dustbin and lid searched out and replaced in correct position. Fence panels all still in place which was a surprise.

Absolutely calm this morning.

Today was getting some AutoGlym Super Resin polish on my ND2… I love doing this on a cold Winter day in the sunshine… And after 5 and a half months of ownership, taking some of my own pics…!

8 Likes

Looks great. I’d advise using something better than Autoglym super resin. It leaves horrible chalky residue and only lasts for a couple of weeks.
Or a ceramic spray sealant like Turtle Wax ceramic spray coating, the beading is unreal and it lasts for ages.

Love the colour. Looks a treat.

1 Like

That really does look classy.

1 Like

Looks really nice! :slightly_smiling_face: I’ve seen lots of posts cars where people have painted/coated their badges, I’ve not been too fussed before … but I reckon that Mazda badge in black would look the business :+1:t2:

1 Like

I made a mount for my rear facing camera that holds it up higher than before. I had it down on the back of the wind deflector. I’ve raised it up and I get less of the folded soft top and more of the road and number-plates. I’ll add a photo or two tomorrow. I used a plastic screwdriver display thing from a screwdriver I bought in wickes and it works really well. Might have to get another deflector from mx5parts as I originally had to drill a hole to get to the button.

Garmin mini, easy to mount this and still get the roof up and down. I’ve been running a forward camera for years and its helped me in all sorts of ways in my van, when people see you have cameras they tend to behave a little better.

I also managed to make a 4 hour video of our drive yesterday, boring,but an exercise in how good the pictures can be.

Of course I can turn around to face front to make driving videos with the instruments etc too.

5 Likes

Absolutely nothing today :weary::weary::sob:

2 Likes

What a difference a day makes… Was the perfect Winter’s day here yesterday - cold, crisp and sunny…!

1 Like

Mountains to beach in my ND1 BBR Super 200 :slight_smile:

7 Likes

And now starts an hour or two if washing down and cleaning!

1 Like

A bit of the white stuff today

2 Likes

Wow now that’s some snow foam lance…

8 Likes

Those wheels look amazing, gives the impression that it’s moving even when it’s covered in snow :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are the 17" diamond cut alloy wheels with the MX-5 logo engraved into the rim standard on Recaro.