What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

A 4.0L V8, I bet that makes interesting driving :flushed:

Well. At about 650kg and s live RS2000 rear axle which you sit directly over. You could call it interesting.

3 Likes

As for the NC i did that sealant trick to stop water ingress through that screw hole on the plastic scuttle on the nearside. As suggested rubber was perished so all done. Perhaps as well with all this melting snow around.

1 Like

You didn’t do both while you were at it then?
The nearside is the one that tends to leak because there’s a small drain hole in the well right above it where water collects.
The biodegradable gasket will almost certainly have failed on the drivers side as well though

Oops!! Tomorrow’s job then.

1 Like

Swopped nasty plastic power steering tank for alloy perfection.

Pity it’s not more visible.

7 Likes

I ordered myself a CTEK battery charger for my ND2 tonight. Only did this I as I got a “Battery Management System Malfunction” warning appear on my dash! I guess batteries do have higher drain rate over the winter month’s - especially if the car only does a couple of local runs a week!

Is that from Racing Beat?
Very nice. :+1:

Yes, it is.

Looks good,

Where did you get the Hydrographics carbon fibre on battery cover done?

Limestone Rd, Belfast.

Fitted re-trimmed steering wheel courtesy of

https://royalsteeringwheels.com/

7 Likes

Nice job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes looks very professional. I like it.

1 Like

Like new!! a very tactile and important interface.

1 Like

Was that a straight forward job?

Yes, proper job from RSW, very nice.
Barrie

1 Like

Ah right thanks.
Is it just the brass bush?

Not the biggest mod but I feel like it makes a big difference to the look of the car. I don’t understand why Mazda decided to put a CB aerial on to start with :rofl:.

Sorry for the night time shot, just got home from work.

3 Likes

Fitted this sound proofing to the boot this morning. Downloaded a decibel meter to my phone (no idea if it is accurate but does seem repeatable) and recorded 100 dB at 50 mph in 6th. Lined the boot and refitted the lining and got 85 dB at the same speed on the same road. Noise at idle slightly reduced. Now I can hear some other noises.
Car is standard 2006 PRHT sport.

4 Likes