What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

tinkering …

4 Likes

About time too! :wink:

Barrie

2 Likes

Fitted a leather cover to the centre console, along with leather gear stick and handbrake boots, all from JF Customs

6 Likes

Very nice, velcro fit or adhesive ?

Ive been fabricating the rear section of the air box housing for my NC1 using 3mm aluminium plate, armed with only a 4" cutting disc a pair of mole grips and a hammer :joy: oh and a length of 2 by 2…

Housing is complete and its not a bad job I must say… no pictures yet as its not fitted and Im waiting for a couple of nylon fixing position blocks to set (tiger seal) on the front of original box to use as a fastening point.

Pics will follow when weather permits me to complete job :+1:

2 Likes

Had a new air conditioning condenser fitted as the previous had sprung a leak and was pretty knackered.
Whilst it was up on axle stands I drained and changed gearbox, diff and engine oil before putting all the trays and plastics back on in the failing light. Must have been a getting tired as I put in a tad too much engine oil so will have to drain a bit out tomorrow. I blame the stupid dipstick on the NC2, new oil is pretty much impossible to see on the bullet dipstick. Other than that little ■■■■ up a productive day and the car is all ready for it’s Blink power upgrade next week :grinning:

2 Likes

What work will Blink carry out ?

Manifold & Remap plus an alignment on the Meisters.

1 Like

Nice, manifold have cat or not ?

No I’m being brave de-cat manifold and Ecutek remap. As I understand it the MOT inspector would have to be Uber picky so long as the second cat is healthy.

Fingers crossed, how much extra bhp will the work release ?

Is the map tailored for your driving stlye or generic ?

https://www.blinkmotorsport.com/optimized-remap

Seems to be good kit and used widely by other respected mx5 tuners.
I guess you could describe it as generic rather than bespoke but that’s probably doing it an injustice. I believe they do offer a cheaper package that is just a flash remap without the extra bells and whistles. Anyway I’ll stop there as I’m getting off topic…

Parked my MX5 in a field :sleepy::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry to see that picture. Gutted for you.

My heart goes out to you mate, looks soft stuff you ended up on so hopefully no damage to underside or suspension components

What happened?

What is the plan???

■■■…

Adhesive. I used spray glue.

Oh heck. Feel for you. Hope you got it out of the field before the police or the farmer turned up. If the police do, they could be minded to charge you for careless driving.