What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Just an opinion, but probably doesn’t need that at the moment.
Generally, not without a 3rd party and evidence anyway.
Those blooming deer always running across the road. :wink:

1 Like

Removed the scuttle panels on Saturday so I could seal the grommets. My silicone application is a bit rough looking, but it should hopefully do the job!

I also removed and cleaned all of the windscreen washer hoses, as my passenger side washer nozzle wasn’t working…it still doesn’t! I thought I’d found a smoking gun, as there was some debris inside the plastic connector that feeds washer fluid to the passenger side nozzle, but it must be the nozzle itself that’s blocked. Kicking myself for not checking the nozzle when I had the scuttle panels off the car!

I’d say the first line of your second paragraph is a mild understatement :grin:

2 Likes

Cleaned/Stained Black/Sealed Roof Ready for Tax 1st of April

1 Like

Got 20 bhp instant extra power by fitting new door bushes

Also booked it in for Alpine DAB to be installed

4 Likes

I also Renovo’d my roof and sealed it with Fabsil as I’d run out of the Renovo sealer.

6 Likes

before

after

10 Likes

Fitted self fabricated aluminium air box cover.

Hoses and aluminium maf holder fitted earlier this year into modified front housing

Internal mould fins of air box needed buffing out to ensure snug fit (yep I know I need another hose clip)

Nylon mounting blocks machined and bonded to housing, also self tapper just incase.

Housing fabricated with only a 4" cutting disc, mole grips and a hammer…lol

Sat housing on top of water pipe location clip with sound mat on to eliminate vibration

The finished article in place.

So its a snug fit, minimal vibration running through unit and I managed to recycle my spare boot badge into the bargain.
Have I gained any ponies ? probably not.
Have I lost any ponies due to altering Mazda’s well designed air box ? Who knows ?
Fairly happy with the finished job, I have on order rubber edge trim to finish off the look and to put a cushion inbetween the unit and power steering hose.
Complete cost of project under £20 :+1:

Why do it ? Im up north near Newcastle, a Geordie, a Magpie… and we all know magpies like shiny stuff :grinning:

p.s… I know my engine bay needs a clean up :rofl:

4 Likes

Looking sweet, job well done.
I used my dummy housings to run ducting for a little more cool air around my brakes.

1 Like

From my own experience years ago I was just advising that if the car was still in the field it may be best to get it out quick as possible just in case the police spot it there. No intention to make things worse :+1:

1 Like

Fitted a new shift limit plate to the NC. Has made quite the difference, more so than I imagined. New on the left and old on the right.

2 Likes

5 or 6 speed box ?

6 Speed. 1st, 2nd and 2nd to 3rd feel better.

I had the alignment done today and took it for a drive but it didn’t feel great. So I then drove to the local petrol station to check the tyre pressures.

They were all at 37psi ! Obviously the wheel refurb guy doesn’t hold back with his air gun. I put them down to 29psi all round and all is well.

I’m happy enough with the meister suspension and especially the michelin PS3’s. It certainly feels far, far better than before, really compliant. But as I said on my door bushings thread, it really depends on what you started with and in my case it wasn’t great…

1 Like

Treated Connie to new front disc’s and pads to cure the brake judder.

Cleaned and conditioned the leather :slight_smile:

Fitted the Pacomotorsport seat lowering rails today, gives a very useful extra bit of headroom and tips the seat back slightly to improve the seating position.

4 Likes

Fitted carbon fibre pieces to centre console.

3 Likes

Nice seats

I would like some carbon fibre trim to cover the silver roll hoops on my nc2 but haven’t found any at a decent price.
Has anyone spotted some??