What is the Spring Rally? (newbie)

Details will be in STHT the club magazine, If you become a full OC member you will get the magazine plus loads more things.

[quote=BG]

Hi Everyone,

Relative newbie here, but all signed up for the Spring Rally on the 18th - hoorah!

I hope I wasn’t alone in fully utilising the stunning bank holiday sunshine yesterday, with a roof down run out in the country - I certainly did, and felt pretty blooming smug too! 

I have a few questions about the rally - I’ve looked at the FAQs, but can’t see the answers, so apologies if it’s already been covered.

Like the main post - this is my first rally of any sort (although I’ve been part of the Spring championship for two seasons as pit crew, so race tracks are common ground!).

Tickets : I’ve had my STHT, and registered for tickets, sorted. However, do our tickets entitle us to entry to the BRSCC things going on, on track (mini championships etc), or would be pay extra to be a spectator?

Cleanliness : I keep my mx5 as clean as I can (although a bit of dirt surely shows I actually drive and enjoy it?!) - with the drive up to Oulton (I’m near the NEC in Birmingham), it won’t be spotless. Is there any unspoken laws whereby I should be stopping in a layby before Oulton to clean up, or is it acceptable to give the car a clean/wipe down once parked up (in colour order I understand)?. Just trying to avoid any faux pas! This applies to dress code too please!  What are the do’s and don’t I need to avoid any embarrassment!?

Track : Do we have access to the track on the day? Know there’s no parade lap. Have found the Timetable online, and doesn’t look like it (with the times) - although BRSCC events may be on another part of the circuit? See link. Not sure I’m brave enough to go on track, but just thought I’d ask!  http://www.brscc.co.uk/assets/timetable---oulton-park-18-april-2015---issue-1.pdf

Time : Does anyone know what sort of time things might wrap up on the day?

Looking forward to meeting a few of you there - any pointers would be appreciated. I’m planning my picnic already!

No real rules, the tickets will be for full access, the racing is one of our perks, no track time as the circuit is very busy.

Cars will be coming from all over the country, mine will be clean when I set off but will have 2 12 hours of bug impacts by the time I get to Oulton, dress code is not important, as long as you buy a full set of MX5OC clothes from our lovely merchandise team.

Main thing is come along, mix, mingle and have fun.

Probably be allover by 6pm.

Hi Abbie

pjr has covered the bulk - only to add

Your tickets (which I am in the middle of stuffing into envelopes) will be with you soon and get you access to the whole venue, and spectating the racing is very much part of the day 

Rally gates are from 10am, and we will wrap up our proceedings at 4pm, but the track will be running for about an hour after that

A dirty MX-5 is a used MX-5!

Look forward to seeing you at the Rally!

Hi everyone,

My tickets have arrived - exciting!

Hoping the current weather forecast looking ok at the moment (fingers crossed).

Just wanted to ask - can anyone clarify whether there’s a parade lap or not? I was reading the Feb edition of STHT on the train this morning, and it stated there would be one, but think I’ve read somewhere on here that there isn’t?

Let the car washing commence!

Thanks,

No parade lap.