What shall I call her?

I’ve been trying to think of a name for my Meteor Grey (and red 2016) Icon.

My Son came up with ‘Shadow’, as an oxymoron for you only have the hood down when its sunny.
I like to think you’ll only catch my shadow.

I’ve also found that Shadow was a DC comic superhero and the colours seem to match nicely.
Thoughts…

6 Likes

Why call it any thing, my car doesn’t have a name unless ‘my car’ is a name.

3 Likes

I have 2 cars and both are called ‘car’

5 Likes

I have 2 ND’s, a red one and an orange one. They’re known as “The Red One” and “The Orange One”.

2 Likes

Sorry to seem callous, but really what we’re all trying to say is call it what you like, if you like “Shadow” call it “Shadow” nobody else will know, or care.

Ha ha brilliant. Cheers

Why can’t you name your car if you want, I think shadow is a great name, it looks great enjoy

2 Likes

Shadow seems like a fine moniker :+1:
Will you hold a naming ceremony? :smile:

Shadow sounds good to me.

We have three cars:
Comfy Bum,
Grasp and Clench
Scrappy 2.

The cars are an old MX5, a BMW 140i and a CX5. Pretty sure you can work out which one is which.

1 Like

I like Shadow, and I like your reasoning.

Ours are called Alfred, Crystal, Lucky and Sir Lionel.

2 Likes

Ours are called Miss Effi, and Hervie,but if either one ever broke down I’m sure there would be other names that come to mind. :wink:

1 Like

Be careful when you smash the champagne on the bumper as the reactive bonnet will go off!

3 Likes

Brilliant :laughing:

I hadn’t thought of that, but guess last night I did with lots of wine at the Chinese Restaurant :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Grumpy_old_Matelot, I hadn’t thought about it until some of my local members were going through their car names. It sounds like a lot of people do name their cars after all. I love all the funny names coming out. Yes I’m definitely calling her Shadow :+1:

3 Likes

My OH calls ours Mynx, I can’t stand it TBH, the name not the car. :roll_eyes:

I once owned a Vauxhall, I used to call that a heap of s*** :grinning:

2 Likes

Just make sure the brakes work better than on PS Waverely… :zipper_mouth_face:

OK, I’ll compromise! I’ll call the orange one - MX56 ROG - “Mad Max” (Verstappen). :+1:

4 Likes

Excellent. That’s the driver taken care of.
But, the car? :joy:

3 Likes

The family called my Mx-5 “The Pumpkin “. Note the “The” as opposed to any other AE30 which would just be “a” pumpkin - as in “Hey Dad, we saw a pumpkin in town this morning.”

2 Likes