What Tyres?

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 2.0 ltr
  2. I’m based near: Sutton Coldfield
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Best Tyres

Looking to change my tyres, just wondered what people are fitting on their cars. I use my MX5 on roads only and want a good mid range tyre.

PS4 every time !

What do you think of very sticky tyres and the ND chocolate gearbox? I’ve read a number on the US forum mentioning this?

Fitted PS4’s a month ago Looking good !

1 Like

I’m running Uniroyal Rainsport 3’s on my MK3.5.

I really rate them. By far the best wet weather tyre I have used, but also very confidence inspiring in the dry. They also don’t break the bank either!

Again the Uniroyals for me, fitted four new tyres recently to replace the original Bridgestones and a big improvement in the dry and wet. Had a four wheel alignment done at the same time.

PS4’s and not too expensive if you look at Black Circles.

I’m extremely pleased with these tyres, I’m finding it difficult to get to the point where either the front understeers or the rears break traction (private large car park) even in the wet, braking performance is stunning. However the only other tyres I’ve tried on my 5 were five year old Bridgestone’s which while not worn were past their sell buy date.

1 Like

We have Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 on ours. Very happy with them.

Eh ? I am sure there’s some alarmist brat peddling doom from his Mom’s spare room in Iowa but the answer really is very simple . If you want better tyres than the OE Bridgestones then fill your boots and buy some. Your car will corner better, break away more predictably and you will be happy .

As for the …yawn…’ chocolate gearbox ’ on NDs . Some have broken , most don’t (including mine , after 35k spirited miles ). But if mine does break , I will get that nice Mr Roddison to fix it for me. Life really doesn’t have to be complicated by fretting about ‘what ifs?’

6 Likes

Agree John,I’ve just gone over 50k in my 17 le,no probs with gearbox,on my second set of ps,4s,I change them when under 4mm before they get too worn but always been happy with Michelin,or Pirelli

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for theur feedback much appreciated

1 Like

Now there’s a positive, happy reply.