What we don't want....

Is for anyone to ‘Get it wrong’…see this! http://youtu.be/1ZfJjQwD6zU

No, ! that was nearly a very expensive mistake… 

Found this clip online it should give the FI boys something to go by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35qjP7EWG8M

And that was in the dry!

In the (racing) wet in a 205

ouch

Yt Clip

Too much power

Not enough Grip

or is that not enough skill…in fact, won’t say that, don’t want to curse my run up’t hill!!!

I am booked in for  a run up the hill and looking forwards to it. I think I am safe from too much power :slight_smile:

No skill either so doubly safe Thinking

opps!!!

too much power not enough talent

What’s up folks,  why all the worries ?, I have been competing at Prescott since 19-- (very long time ago) in an assortment of cars, ex works TR3, Bugatti Type 40, MG Metro 6R4, Austin Allegro (don’t ask !) ST Focus & now my MX5, always been competitive averaging out 58 -64 seconds come wet or dry, & never been off,  so you folks who want to drive the hill at the Rally just be sensible, you can be quick & still keep it on the black stuff.

I am competeing at Prescott this weekend for both days, if anybody from the Club is going come & say hello.

B Rgds, Paul H.

how do you go about booking in for a run up the hill ? I’d love to take the demo car up and to be honest I think you guys would appreiciate seeing and hearing 9000rpm up the hill :slight_smile:

There’s a form included with the current issue of STHT; limited to the first 150 applications, first come, first served, all members treated equally.

Is your car a California, J-Limited, or J2-Limited?

Skuzzle,   as you will no doubt be informed, the hill runs are for pleasure, NOT to demonstrate your car, this has been a query from many members & Companies that want to bring along their “5’s” & demonstrate the performance, turbo’s, superchargers etc, that is a no,no.  The Rally is being run under strict Bugatti Owners Club rules that allow runs up the hill for pleasure purposes only, no demo’s, lunatic driving, attempts at timing the run etc all forbidden & cars will be pulled from the hill if any of the mentioned is seen,  am sure this will be elaborated on by other Club members as it progresses. Book your place with the form in STHT & enjoy a bit of spirited driving & just enjoy yourself,     if you need to prove yourself & your car, get a license & join me & some other 5 users in sprinting & hillclimbing, a relatively cheap form of motorsport, Rgds Paul H

Your comments Carol to supplement this please.

Thank you Paul. I think you have summed things up very well. Skuzzle, please do not think that we are being elitest, or that the club are being spoilsports, it is indeed the case that we have been allowed to book this venue on the strict proviso that no racing is to take place. In fact, there will be several driver briefing throughout the day, and at each one it will be reiterated that there will be no racing, no timing and no crash hats.

Was this a separate form?  I can’t find it in the mag.

It was a seperate piece of paper

Yup; the usual rally booking form.

and also available for members to download from this very forum… 

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/national_rally_2012/default.aspx

Hi Andrew. Normally the booking form is a seperate piece of paper behind the address sheet in the poly bag containing your magazine. If this is missing, there is a form online which you can use to book.

Carol