Wheel arch liner clips

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 3.5
  2. I’m based near: Bristol
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Wheel arch liner clips.

Hi MX5ers

Yesterday I had the front wheel arch liners off to change the dipped beam headlight bulbs, and it was a bad day for arch liner clip breakages :frowning: I was very careful, but I think it was a combination of cold weather making them brittle and me having reused them umpteen times.

I have a rule of thumb whereby if one of the 4 “legs” of the outer part of the fastener snaps off, I’ll re-use it with 3 legs provided I get a nice click as the inner part is pushed home, but if I get another snapped leg leaving only 2 remaining, I replace it with a new one.

Yesterday was not a good day, and by the time I’d finished reassembly on one side of the car I had only a few good clips remaining and had to use the last of my stash of new OEM clips to reassemble the other side.

I’ve tried a number of various alternatives to the Mazda OEM fastener, but haven’t found anything as good. I’ve found one that is very cheap and does the job, but removal is a pain because rather than a quarter turn the inner part is threaded and it takes ages holding the outer in place with pliers or a screwdriver while carefully unscrewing without rounding off the slot.

Just before I buy a load of OEM fasteners in readiness for my next project underneath, please can anyone suggest an alternative cheaper faster which is just as quick to remove?

Thanks.

I get mine from here :~

I got mine from the above link too.
Just search for Mazda clips and compare the sizes, most listings will have dimensions of the clip so compare it with yours before ordering.

Thanks guys, this site had the Mazda part numbers listed and I bought a pack of 50 for about £9.

Fingers crossed they’re a good fit.