Wheeler dealers Dream car

How can a mk1 mx5 with a hard top in reasonable condition only be worth less than £500!

Sills & wings

I must admit I thought exactly the same when I watched it. Most people seem to sell their hard tops at £200 plus so that’s only £300 maximum for the whole of the rest of the car - bargain!!

Television bollocks…

I certainly wouldn’t sell my MK1 for £500.

Probably get more in scrap parts.

Ridiculous.

The sum of the parts is definately more.

This version of the show is so staged it spoils it. They should at least try to pretend what you see actually happened!

There is a Mazdaspeed mx5 on the next series of Wheeler Dealers too.

could not agree more

1 Like

Watched the latest episode last night. He went to a dealer mate (he always has one of those on hand) and bought an Honda S2000. In the dealers yard I noticed a Bentley flying spur, the very same car that Mr Brewer bought in the last episode and sold on, to a mate of course. They think by covering up the reg plate we wouldn’t notice these things. Apparently like the Bentley the Honda doesn’t fit the dealer mates car selling profile, Mike can work miracles selling cars others dealers don’t want it seems :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I often check up the MOT history of these TV programme “refreshed” cars. All I’ll say is, it’s an interesting exercise. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Shock. MX5OC Forum finds out Reality TV is largely faked, and just light entertainment.

Essentially, if the truth got out about classic cars, the industry will collapse. Its predicated on the belief that you will make money from your old jalopy, so its worth spending money on it… Except for some rare exceptions, you won’t. Over the years, in addition to nornmal maintenance and purchase of the car, I’ve probably sunk £10k into the Mk1, with little to really show for it.

probably sunk £10k into the Mk1,

Cheapskate! :zipper_mouth_face:

I am that. Takes a Scotsman to notice that :wink:

:joy: :ok_hand:

Owning an old MX-5 is a bit like having a packet of Pistachio nuts for dinner.

The first few taste really good and you want more but suddenly you realise you’ve bought an occupation rather than a meal.

2 Likes