Wheels Offset Issue

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 2008

2. I’m based near: Birmingham

3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Wheels and Tyres

Hi All,

I have an MX-5 NC 2008, not the face-lifted one and the alloys are starting to have paint flake off of them. The tyres are also getting on for 8 years now and need to be changed. Looking into getting both wheels and tyres changed but just having issues finding the right wheels as I have the stock OEMs and while I can find similar dimension wheels, the offset is not the same. Mazda put 55ET offset but just wondering if 45ET would work without having to roll fenders?

Let me know what wheels and tyres you guys have. I would like something like this:

The ones you’ve looked to are ET40 so perhaps possibly may need minimal arch rolling.
That of course depends on how low your car is.
If it’s standard NC1 height, you’ll probably get away with it, any lower, as I say may need a little tweak.

This may be of help:

My car is lowered quite a bit, the wheels are a 42 offset but 8 inch wide which gives an overall change of around +26mm poke over stock. I have no issues at all. If the pcd and hub sizes are suitable those wheels should go on fine.

Mine are 40mm offset and fit perfectly, even with the car lowered a little. Current tyres are 205 but looking to increase the width to 215, and will just be okay within the existing fender width

R

I should have some almost new, with almost new tyres fitted 215/45/17 Calibre Suzuka Rays Gram Lites in a light gunmetal shade for sale very soon. These were fitted to a MK3 NC if you might be interested? Here’s a pic of one.

Bear in mind offset is in relation to the wheel width so isn’t a one offset applies to all. Use the willtheyfit or 1010tires calculators to see what feasible fitment is :+1: