Where and how can I get a new soft roof on my MX5?

Hi,
I’m a new member to Mazda Owner’s club.
Had my MX5 for about 10 years, and continuing love it.
It’s 1999 reg, so quite old.
I really need to replace the soft top. Does anyone know where and how I can get this done at a good price.
I live in the south west London area. Thanks for your help.

Check out the adds in our Soft Top Hard Top magazine there’s usually a couple of companies advertising.
Dave

1 Like

There are some youtube videos of this company replacing the soft top
The MX5 Restorer
Unit 19, Potts Marsh Industrial Estate
Eastbourne Road
Westham
Pevensey
East Sussex
BN24 5NH

Hi

I used All Hoods in Romford last year (https://allhoodsltd.com/) to replace the hood on my MK2. They were really good. A friend of mine took the car in for me as I couldn’t make it and when they’d finished they got him to phone me to say he’d had a good look at the work and was more than satisfied before they asked me to pay. I’m really pleased with the work and had no problems with it.

Good luck :smiley:

Welcome to the Owner’s Club by the way. A serious love for your MX5 is one of the requirements for membership :sunglasses:

Welcome to the forum Andrea. A couple of years ago I got a second hand make do one from fb for my '02 Madge. Managed to fit it myself over two leisurly if cold days in anticipation of getting a brand new one when I had all the spondoonies for a full refurbushment and respray which is happening now at the MX5 Restorer in Ikeston. I have ordered a new item from BAS International which The MX5 Restorer will be fitting in the next couple of days. I am based in Rickmansworth and probably have a rather unusual idea of what is local compared to most.