Where are the twisties?

Any good suggestions,

I’ve driven a few of the more commonly mentioned roads on-line, such as the fosse way but must are quite open and quite straight. What we want in an MX5 are some nice challenging tight bends,

Try  the B3081 between Shaftsbury and Sixpenny Handle, then go for a cuppa at Compton Abbas Airfield.

take a weekend in Wales; somewhere on here there is a map with the best roads in Wales. they are brilliant.

found it
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zgJ2jGSr4-bA.kB4oGIqbCEyo&msa=0&ll=52.247983%2C-2.125854&spn=2.384507%2C6.696167&dg=feature

Thanks guys, but I was thinking a bit more local,
Like warks, Northants, leics

Why not join us on some of our drives

I definitely will do, got a couple of phoenix fives events in the diary 

Not entirely sure how far it is from you, but I recently enjoyed a superb road from Bakewell to Leek in Staffs, it’s got a pub called the Cheddar Cheese on it, it’s absolutely bloody lovely!

Twenty years ago i used to love driving on the sweeping A-roads branching out from Stratford-On-Avon (where I grew up & my family still live) such as the Banbury & Shipston roads. Sadly there have been lots of accidents on them and all the villages have had much lower speed limits introduced. The bits inbetween are OK though still and I always enjoy driving up Edgehill on the way to Banbury - a challenge with the bends and the incline.

More recently I’ve enjoyed the roads to the west of Stratford: from Alcester to Bromsgrove via Alcester Heath & Feckenham; the old Alcester to Evesham Road; Alcester to Worcester; and around Evesham & the Littletons and Honeybourne. The Stratford-Long Marston road always used to be good but I think they’ve slapped low speed limits on fairly large bits of that too - might be wrong though.

Thanks foolhandy
I’ll check some of those out.

Had a really “entertaining” drive following a spirited SLK, following a couple of grunty bikes from Worcester to Alcester (A422?) on Sunday… 

Have you tried following the Fosse Way south from the A5?

From Rugby travel north up the A5 and then take the B4455. Continue on the Fosse Way where it becomes the A429.

After Stow on the Wold take the Buford road A424.

At Buford you can then come back through Chipping Norton and Banbury.

This route is best in the week, either spring or autumn, otherwise you can be stuck behind caravans going down the Fosse.

Head north into Scotland, some truly fantastic roads, virtually no police and the further north you go the quitter the roads are, made to be enjoyed in a Mx5

I couldn’t agree more. Wales seems to enjoy better surfaced an maintained roads and less traffic than England - then again many counties can claim this honour. Try Chepstow to Monmouth up the Wye Valley then on to Abergavenney and Hay on Wye via the A40 and A479

Now that the summer hols have arrived i suggest avoiding the A40 and other major (to mid Wales) routes.  Get on to the lesser A roads and on to the B roads. 

Re The Midlands - same plan.  Get lost in Shropshire.  You won’t regret it.  The best roads can be the ones you find accidentally 

No, stay away from Shropshire, I want all those beautiful little twisty roads with the fantastic views just for myself. 

Only one snag, just a few too many bikers too often on the wrong side of the road coming around a blind bend  , we’ve had several near misses now. 

There was something between Leebotwood and Church Stretton at the weekend but don’t know what was involved. 

Makes the trundle thru Little Stretton quite snug 

If you were anywhere near Shropshire I’d recommend the road between Buildwas and Atcham. Lots of bends, brows and beautiful views - not to mention a Roman villa en route! Newport to Stafford is another good one as long as nothing gets in the way.

Trouble with most of the decent roads there’s always some duffer in a Kia doing 40 on them and a steady stream of traffic coming the other way.