Where do you keep your hard top?!

I had the very same crystal blue, on our wall in spare room. Wife hated it being there.
Wife’s friend saw it and asked “Wow, amazing, is it bespoke, who is it by?”
Almost managed to sell it there and then for a four figure sum, before my beloved thwarted my plan.
Edit: forgot to mention friend thought it was a piece of art! My post might make more sense now…

2 Likes

Is that SWMBO looking back at the camera from the passenger seat? :smiley:

1 Like

I have mine on one of these universal hardtop stands with the MX5parts bag, it was originally bought for the Sunbeam Alpine hardtop but the NB top fits fine. This then sits in the back of the garage and can be moved around on it’s wheels that can also be locked.

You can make one for about £30…

https://youtu.be/QGlqcgr3JvM

That’s a pretty neat idea, I could have fabricated one out of box section as I was a fabricator welded when I had a proper job, but I paid about £85 with a soft cover and the Alpine hardtop was bloody heavy even with a Perspex rear window, so having the castors meant you could wheel out to the car and then wheel it back in again or around the garage, plus I couldn’t be asked to make one at the time, but with retirement looming in 125 days, I probably would now.

Nah mate.
That’s Hamish the RMP…bit of a bear really.
Rear guard action.
Don’t mess! :smile:

1 Like

I’ve just noticed the red beret, obviously not to be messed with. :grin:

1 Like

My Son & Daughter bought me a stand for my hard top but my Husband will not let me put it in his garage , so it is still in its box waiting to be assembled at the moment watch this space.

2 Likes

Just bear in mind your status as swmbo… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats surely grounds for it being in the house!

2 Likes

definitely - make a feature of it! :smile_cat:

2 Likes