Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Looks lovely, great pics, great weather too.:+1:
Flowers…daisies.:+1:

1 Like

Thanks, I haven’t a clue what the flowers were but there was a nice Camomile like smell in the air.
Days like these make a week at work worth while,… well sort of :wink:
We’re in North Essex now, but in the 80’s we used to do the same thing but in Kent, in an old Spitfire, ah those Halcyon days :smile: , just have to work a bit harder now to get away from it all .

I’ll share this one, Lakeland Motor Museum. If you’re ever up near Ulveston pay a visit. Had an enjoyable morning followed by a bite to eat in their cafe, that’s good too.

In addition and nearby is the Laurel & Hardy museum, small but enjoyable to see. I loved all the collectables.

6 Likes

The North Thames club group met on Wednesday at the Woodman pub for a retyred get together The sun was shining the cars looked great against the backdrop of the farm fields adjacent to the pub garden …

Thanks for coming you guys And thanks for all your lovely ‘ Thank you ‘ emails … bless you all :heart::man::woman_white_haired::ok_hand:`. I’m trying to get a photo up of the cars Parked in the pub overspill car park. I’ve Not succeeded at the moment…

Ah ha I’ve done it, there were actually even more later arrivals too. A good bash about 30+ in all …
On a nice day, we were all seated under cover from the Hot sun. The Pub gave the club meeting full exclusive use of their lovely garden portico… the other pictures were taken when the group were just arriving and getting seated as the pub opened at 12 o’clock. I should have taken the photo once they ALL got seated ( but I was too excited ) Almost all of them arriving as requested at five to 12 o’clock it looked lovely to see them all, arriving at once etc, bless them all I’m so grateful for their company and support …

5 Likes

Indeed they are Chamomile

3 Likes

I have a Mk3 NC1 and it drives lovely. But I do hear many accounts of How lovely the earlier cars were to drive, They must be a fantastic enjoyment Because my MK 3 is so good too, I will get to drive a Mk 2 or even a MK 1 One day It’s good to see so many being looked after, there were a very good selection of all MX5s at the recent Woodman pub Retyred meeting, Bless you all… :heart::man::woman_white_haired:. From Ray and Sue xx

1 Like

To the wholesalers to stock up for the weekend at our coffee shop - should have taken the CRV but when the sun’s out and the temperature is 16 degrees at 7am, there’s only one car for the job. Even if it did mean loading up the passenger seat, footwell and parcel shelf, not to mention a full boot.

3 Likes

I love the smell of coffee in the morning…

2 Likes

:grin: in that case come on down to Capers Courtyard Kitchen (@Capersattheyard) in Dorking, best coffee in town some might say!

PS Apologies mods for the flagrant plug… :innocent:

2 Likes

I’ve completely fallen in love with my NB Nevada - something about driving with the roof down and the windows down too that’s magical - and the Cerion Sliver colour is a delight.

2 Likes

The NC does look really good in red

2 Likes

Isle of White, but too flaked in the evenings to post a pic of where we’d been. So here are so catchups.

The NC is in the dead centre of this picture at Alum Bay, but difficult to see because it’s so small.

And then it was even worse looking out with the high heat contrast at Carisbrooke castle

Same viewpoint on the battlements, reverse angle looking in.

But the best place was Mottistone, superb gardens (and teas), not too big, but well worth our two visits this week and featuring Jubilee Royal purple colours everywhere, just one small snippet here.

I took almost no pics at Osborne House, a bit soulless, but we both thoroughly enjoyed the IOW Steam Railway, lots of history, with two engines running trains, traditional workshops (with modern twists) restoring ancient rolling stock, and the bonus of a Falconry display.

5 Likes

That’s quite a transformation, wow! How long did it take to convert your NC to be steam powered?

2 Likes

Well, it might have put on a bit of weight but it’s very smooth and it handles like it’s on rails! :grinning:

1 Like

Not today but recent. We got snapped by a roadside camera over the Cat & Fiddle on the way back from the Tatton Park Classic Car Show - fortunately it was “bikerpics” out with his van. It was a week or so before they were up on his website but it was rather nice to be included with all the bike pics & the exotics!

13 Likes

Great looking car, gleaming! Is it concourse condition?

A 300mile round trip to Sir Jackie Stewart’s Thirlstane Classic event in the Borders. 6am start and a fast top down run via the lovely A68 up through the wilds of Co Durham and Northumbria. A good day out and another fast trip home via a near empty A697 , then a snooze for the last 80miles of A1 . Average 55mph, despite a 15minute queue at the event - and 40.3 mpg. Not bad for a 2 litre car (Roddisoned ND Sport Nav).

1 Like

Thanks, it’s very clean but not concours - a few to many dints and scars for that…!

1 Like

To Shell for an E5 treat.

At this rate dealers will be offering a free car with a full tank of fuel purchase, rather than a free tank of fuel with a car purchase. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve just about reached my limit on how much I’ll pay, won’t pay over £2 litre. Most I paid last week for Super was £1.96 it hurt but I was away on hols.
Now back home (supermarket) E5 is around £1.93 but E10 has come down to £1.81 at some stations🤔

Back to E10 I think or catch the bus.:grin: