Where have you been in your MX-5 today?

Well yesterday, we took a picnic to Croome park then on to Broadway for an ice-cream, lovely day again.:+1:

3 Likes

Trip out through the Forest of Dean to Raglan castle.
Picnic on the lawn in the sunshine - Lovely.

5 Likes

moved off the drive to admire the wax shine and moved back to polish and seal the wheels, never knew retirement could be so much fun ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We enjoyed another lovely day in Dorset, lid down , hats on, found some more quiet and scenic B roads after visiting Corfe Castle :sunrise::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Arrived back this evening from a car and golf weekend in Harlech. Drove in convoy from the midlands across the border, to Bala and then across the Cambrians to arrive at Royal St Davids golf club for two days on the famous links.

Stunning drive, great roads wonderful scenery.

The golf course is a must play for any golfer. Purist golf. Genuine world class links.

Then back home via Barmouth and again over the mountains to Welshpool and home again.

Car never missed a beat. Can’t say the same about the golf☹️

Can’t comment on my pals choice of car either. SLK diesel, used as motorway high miler, brand new retirement Z4, lovely S200 toy, and of course my mk3

6 Likes

Drive to Beeley via A6 (not brilliant) parked up. Walk through Chatsworth park and scaled the steps to the Hunting tower then on to Beeley Moor. Had our picnic on the moor then back down to Beeley village. Nice 4 hour walk and a drive part way down the A6 but we cut back via Carsington Water and Hulland Ward back home, brilliant :+1:

2 Likes

Foraging the last of the blackberries in south lakeland

6 Likes

No idea how it happened but ended up in the Hook Norton shop loading bay!

5 Likes

:+1: I’m a fan of Old Hooky :smile:
( Nice photo )

Unfortunately it wasn’t until i got into the shop that i realised i also needed gin, wine, some glasses a book, a present for the dog… :grin:

Drove over to House Of Trembling Madness in York for a cheeky bit of lunch :wink:

And yes the top was down for both journeys just up for secure parking :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

No car shots just glorious scenery.
Curbar Edge to Grindleford walk. Good day for top down driving too, through the best of Derbyshire.

10 Likes

It’s like being a kid again ,brilliant :blush::blush:

1 Like

Hi MickAP, great photos, on your first picture looking towards Baslow Edge, the views from up there are my favourite in the Peak District.

1 Like

To continue enjoying our high alpine roads as yesterday :snowflake:, it was more suitable to change the summer wheels … :rofl:
done this morning :partying_face:

7 Likes

One more time mountain pass :smiley:
But certainly the last time for this year before winter :snowman_with_snow:
All will be closed next weekend

9 Likes

La Croix pass :sunglasses:

8 Likes

@Olive git

:smiley:

shropshire to bristol via a49 and a466

not done monmouth to chep for a looong time

saw tintern castle

sammy millers in the new forest tomorrow

1 Like

Two of my favourite roads in the past!

Too much traffic the last few times, alas. I must choose better times/days.

Haverfordwest for work. Transit is outside the house with a blown turbo and I’m not throwing any more money at it,so until a replacement can be found I’ll be using the MX5