Where is the best place to sell a Mazda MX-5 1 Roadster?

Hi Everyone

I’m sadly looking at a much loved and well looked after Mazda MX-5 1 Roadster (2011, automatic, 2 owners, 75,500 miles). Please could you recommend the best place to sell it, is it this forum or would you recommend another online or print publication?

Please use the Personal Message [PM] system to contact me, click on the avatar (round image) and select ‘message’.

Thank you for any advice

@prof-peter-jacob - I have moved your post as the area you posted is for specific adverts only.

As a Club Member you can advertise your car on this forum in the sales section, follow the template and upload photo’s.

Alternatively there are the usual suspects for online sales, if looking for a car my first stop would tend to be Autotrader.

Then there’s the ‘we buy any’ type places though that will achieve a price at the lower end of the range.

Facecrap market place and facecrap mx5 forums
Ebay
Autotrader
Here
Gum Tree
Classic car websites

Autotrader is a good place to start as @IanH mentions. Over the past 8 years, 5 out of 7 MX-5’s I have owned have been sold on Autotrader after trying several other sites.

It’s more about demonstrating to any potential buyer that your car is the most desirable for the price point on the particular model and spec.

Clean and clean again, then take lots of high-quality pictures. I also do screenshots of MOT history and service records (spreadsheet) so any buyer can be confident about the maintenance and condition of the car.

If you can get pictures of the underbody if in good condition that may also help.

Mentioned that you are an MX-5 OC member and how you store and look after the car.

Good luck…

Tried selling a Nissan Juke on Autotrader. After a week of very little interest I copied all the pictures and details across to Facebook Marketplace and had lots of enquiries and a quick sale. For me that was £50 wasted on Autotrader and the free Facebook ad worked a treat. Motorway.co.uk also good for a q uick and easy sale.

Probably not a great time to be selling. If you can wait until spring the demand should be stronger.
Give Gumtree or Facebook a try before Autotrader, it won’t cost you anything. Selling on the MX5OC site is worth a go as well but in my experience it’s actually quite a small group and is thinly spread across the nation.
Dave

Dont know if you have tried selling on this site…??? :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.