Where to buy green ethylene glycol-based antifreeze?

Hi,

Am about to change the coolant in a mk2.5 - I understand that any green ethylene glycol-based antifreeze is fine, and ideally OAT should be avoided - but where do I buy this?? Halfords only seems to have OAT stuff. Or is this not really a problem in a mk2.5?

side question: it currently has pink coolant in, so I’m going to completely flush this out before replacing - but is pink bad (e.g. could it have done any harm), or just different?

Thanks!

This stuff is as good as any and a good price too I think.

https://www.mx5parts.co.uk/coolant-premixed-fl22-longlife-ltrs-mk3-35-mk4-p-1594.html

It says it’s for MKIII onwards but can be used in your car as you’re going to carry out a full flush. Your local Mazda dealer probably has it on the shelf. There is also the option of Mazda’s Super Coolant with isn’t pre-mixed so has to be mixed with distilled water, I can see that on mx-5parts website but again, your dealer may have in on the shelf.

Ravenol HJC from the Ravenol website. Cheap and good service if my experience with them was anything to go by.

Thanks for suggestions!

Good to know I can use the fl22 long life coolant - comments on MX5parts site confirm this too. They’ve also got regular coolant tho only in 1 litre bottles.

Also found the Ravenol stuff- can’t see any option to buy from their site tho…?? Maybe I just need to set up an account? Anyway, if I go for this will give them a call/e-mail to figure out how to order.

ravenol-direct.uk and click on the online shop tab.

1 Like

Thanks! This stuff looks ideal and good price too.