Where to put iPhone pro max in mx-5 to use as satnav

Where to put iPhone pro max in mx-5 to use as a sat nav?

Which MX-5 do you have?

2007 2 litre sport

I have the brodit pro clip and brodit cradle in mine.
However - with the new head unit I tend to use android auto and navigate with WAZE on the main screen.

Yep, I would recommend the Brodit mount as well. Depends at what level you want to see the phone really.

As a windscreen sucker mount bottom right hand corner might suit well, for being able to see directions more easily. Also depends what size (and weight) your iPhone is, in terms of an appropriate mount. I don’t do Apple I’m afraid, so no idea what size your model is.

1 Like

When I had a NC I used to put my suction cup mount on the door quarter glass. This positioned the phone in front of the A pillar, keeping it at a decent height without blocking the windscreen. Pretty sure there was a decent amount of rood around it for your phone to fit in that space too.

1 Like

I just gave up trying to find a nice place. I just pair the bluetooth and use voice instructions now, sure I may mess up 1 in every 50 round about exits due to some weird ■■■■ but it’s nice not having to deal with a screen /phone up in your space.

1 Like

Thank you for that. It is a heavy phone, it weighs 268 grams. Have tried a sucker on the windscreen but it falls off.

That’s a whopper! I can understand the sucker issue.

I’d go with the Brodit solution then, as highlighted above. Not cheap compared with other methods, but would give you the most secure mounting option.

Going off on a tangent, would it not be better to go via the a touch screen head unit or Portable Wireless Carplay Screen .

This will keep your iphone out of harms way and any issue with the police if you touch it