Where to race a standard NC?

Hi, I want to track race my standard NC. There is a series for mk1 and mk2, but I can’t find anything for mk3’s…Why?
Can any one help, looking for races (not just track days) in south of country. Help please?
Steve

The race cars in all these type events are far from standard

1 Like

It’s much more complicated to Race a car than it is to track it. If you want to race a car both you and the car have to pass stringent tests. Motorsport UK won’t give you a Race License without you having been on a course to learn a million rules.
With respect if you had done the courses you would already know where licensed race tracks were.
Have a look on Motorsort UK website to see how to get a competition license.
Best wishes.

I have a MSUK licence and compete in drifting with a Nissan. I know we’re all the tracks are and am a member of the GRRC, all I asking is who knows if their is a race series/events to race standard nc’s. Thought Mx5 club may know?

Ok…you omitted that info! :smile:

I think to Race anything you have to have cage, harnesses, seats and fire extinguishers, towing brackets front and rear, battery isolation etc. etc. I can’t see any Club being allowed to allow standard cars on a race track as they come under MSR rules…drifting may be different.
I have a Class B for forests etc and the regs are strict.
Best of luck.

No the things you mentioned are standard safety too for drift plus a few more (I have most in my every day road car) but I want a low powered mx5 race- no forced induction, no inlet mods and no suspension mods….there are mk1 and mk2 series, but people don’t seem to like Mk3’s why cant we join in?

Javelin do a sprint series but its one lap against the clock. Your best lap time against everyone elses but its not mx5 only.

Thank you, yes sprints and hill climbs for standard cars are great (and slightly less onerous as no cage required) but I was looking for a mx circuit race including mk 3’s. They’re actually a hill climb series for mk1, 2, 2.5….but not 3’s😭

Funny you should ask, on a jolly to the Silverstone Museum today where there was some testing going on and what should appear…

BRSCC MX-5 Supercup?

1 Like

Yes, that’s the answer I wanted. Huge thank you!!

I dare say you could race in Northern Saloons and Sports Car series , and probably with CSCC . You might need to upgrade your rear view mirror a tad though , given some of the competition … :grinning:

Somewhere like Cadwell , Croft, Brands, Mallory or Anglesey could be a hoot - but Silverstone GP - maybe not so much .

Paul Roddisson (Roddisson Motorsport) in Sheffield been competing for years, always at the front end of the grid… I’d contact him personally, to get a good idea what’s involved.

He’s on the forum as ‘Rodders’… cracking fella :+1:

Rodders is in BARC Max5 Series I think…

You can race your car in car in any open series that will allow your car. There are a number of mixed class races. Many of them will have power to weight limits or other such criteria.
Championships like the Super Cup or Clubman’s Cup will require cars to be to a specific standard with control parts, such as suspension, cage etc. The engines will not be standard either, if by standard you mean as it left the Mazda factory with standard induction and the like.

1 Like