Which car polish are you using?

I had my car professionally detailed once, it was the best £200 I’d spent on the car. It was a fair number of years ago but back then the detailer told me he’s just applying his everyday wax as a finishing product. He pulled out of his kit a tub of other wax and told me I use this wax on the premium level details, it cost nearly £600 per tub, about the size of a tub of grease.:crazy_face: Cant remember brand names I’m afraid.
To keep mine looking good I use Autoglym products and Turtle wax.

This wax is good stuff, easy to use and lasts a long time. You can polish the car first if you want to, either by hand or machine, but if the cars in good condition you won’t need to. Only thing I’ve found to last longer is Fusso.

2 Likes

That will be most likely Carnauba Wax.
My mate paid around £250 for a pot to polish his EType.
Does the job though…

2 Likes

Only use Autoglym products - photo speaks for itself, Super resin polish and HD wax. The application is the key element of any polish or waxing process.

3 Likes

That’s twice as much as I paid for my first car.

I use Collinite 845 insulator wax which is the liquid version of the carnauba 476S wax refered to by @gord_bell above - easy to apply, extremely economical, and as long as it’s applied in a very thin coat, easy to buff off once dry.

1 Like

Approximately 17 times what I paid for my first motorbike

I think it was around 0.2% of what he paid for his car…

I wonder if there’s free postage with DIVINE Bespoke Carnauba car wax (60 - 70% Vol.) ?

:thinking: :palm_tree:

I think it should be helicoptered in for free, at that price :rofl:

Thank you!

Agree, not just a wipe on wipe off 5 min job.- best results could take a few hours or more . Wax on - Wax off - Repeat… :sunglasses:

Hi all, and many thanks for all your input!!..a lot of options out there!!

I think I wil give the Autoglym products a go and see how it goes…

…many thanks…

Halfords have a cracking deal on Autoglym Ultra High Definition shampoo and wax - both excellent products.

1 Like

Just a timely reminder to not leave your expensive polishes in an unheated garage. If the frost gets to them they will be useless. On topic I have just tried the new Rupes Uno advanced and it is superb for an all in one product.

1 Like

Good advice. I’ve been using marine carnauba polish (3M Ultra Performance Paste Wax) which is very easy to apply and gives a superb, deep shine which lasts. The tin is a few years old and, until now, was on the boat in the winter months. The wax has broken up in the tin, but it still works well. Not sure if the breaking up is what you are referring to. It certainly still works, though, although I will definitely follow your advice from now on.