Which Coolant is preferred mx5 mk1?

1. My model of MX-5 is: Mk1
  2. I’m based near: Windsor
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Coolant choices

Hello this is the first time that I am going to do a coolant flush and I wanted to do it right with the correct coolant.
Correct me if I am wrong, I have found out so far OAT is not good for mx5s.
And blue and pink coolant is preferred but in other places I read that green is used??

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-77238-m…ncentrate.aspx

Also is this coolant ok for an mx5 mk1?

I switched to Evans Powercool 180 waterless coolant a while back. While there are benefits in the reduction of cavitation (and hence increased engiine longevity), the main attraction for me, for 1996 high miles car, is the lack of pressurisation, extending the life of seals, hoses and gaskets. Expensive change though, because you need to flush the system clear of water.

Below is an article from a competitor of evans which suggests the potential negative effects of using evans coolant. It also mentions how difficult it is to achieve required concentration of evans coolant without a full strip down of the engine cooling system to remove water contamination.
No-Rosion Products Technical Questions and Answers.

Which is why it cost £100+ for the swap in materials alone 3 years ago. Yes, that study was put together by a direct competitor. And they would say that, wouldn’t they.

Evans issued a technical rebuttal:

My other car is a 2004 Jaguar XJ8, with about 115k miles on it. When brought, the coolant was fresh looking correct pink HOAT. I had a bit of a coolant loss issue. On these cars, the number one culprit is the expansion tank, and a crack around a tube connector. But no, mine was perfect. ecently had some work done on the car, and asked the Jaguar Indie to pressure test the system.

Initially he couldn’t find the leak, until he was taking the car off the lift, and the bottom of the radiator decided to lunch itself. I guess the weak spot exposed itself in a classic example of coolant corrosion.

Of course, I’m not planning to keep the Jag for the long term (though next time I might get a XK 5.0), so regular Jag coolant in that.But the Mazda, with the use its getting, I’m likely to be doing a next water pump and cambelt sometime around 2027, provided the car hasn’t dissolved by then (but if it does, the engine will have perfect galleries).