Which Engine Oil? MK2.5 VVT 1.6 & 1.8 90K & 110K

Hi.

I’ve searched but can’t find the answer to my question.
I have a 2003 MK2.5 1.6 (Done 90k) and a MK2.5 1.8 SVT (Done 110K)

Am I best using Semi or Fully synthetic oil (Or Mineral)? and which SAE is best for these older / higher mileage motors please?
Thanks

Use what is advised in the manual with the car, there is no issue with those mileages.

I’m picking up this thread because I want to change the oil on my 2001 Mk2.5 S-VT 1.8i Sport and was going to do it myself for the first time. I have checked the manual which gives a spec (API Service SG, SH, SJ or SL) and grade (5W-30 or 10W-30) but no reference to whether it should be semi- or fully-synthetic oil. I’m assuming that if it meets the spec then it doesn’t matter.

I have 8 litres of some Halfords 10W-40 part-synthetic which I used to put in our VW Golf which has a spec of ACEA-A3, B3 and API-SL, CF which appears to meet the requirement. However, I am sure I read in one post that you should only use fully-synthetic in the S-VT. Can anyone advise please?

Also, is it worth doing an engine flush every time you change the oil? It has only done 1,300 miles since the garage last changed the oil and a flush was used then.

I did try and look this up in the FAQ section but I couldn’t get the links to work.