Which half cover for ND Soft top

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2017 _ND_Soft top
  2. I’m based near: __Harrogate
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on which half cover to buy to protect the hood on our recently purchased beauty, from, going green/mouldy as it’s kept outside. all year round.
    We had an NC back in 2013 and the hood soon looked green?!
    I’ve searched the forum, but can’t find a strong recommendation?
    Thanks for your assistance
1 Like

We have one of these UK Custom Covers RP262 Tailored Soft Top Roof Half Cover - Black : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive Very secure and relatively easy to fit once you master the technique.
:heart:

1 Like

…we just got the one of the MX5 parts website for about £80…

had it for 3 years and been ok so far…

1 Like

I have one of these Custom Covers ones and am a little disappointed with it. It started out black and after 2 years is now very light grey and it has also shrunk so that it now only just fits under the wipers and the straps under the mirrors only just have enough length to fasten.
Now looking for a replacement.

1 Like

Another vote for custom covers, although I’ve only had it for 4 months, so not a long term test. It’s been fine so far, it coped well with the winds over the past few days.

The main reason for getting it was because we have 2 cats who like to sit on the car, I don’t want to take the chance of them digging their claws in.

1 Like

+1 for the mazda half cover. Only had since last summer but it keeps the hood dry & is fairly secure, so recommended :+1:

1 Like

I’ve replied extensively to several threads on this query.

For an ND, the Mazda item is good. It stays on, it lasts, and in addition to keeping the hood clean it will keep muck and leaves out of the roof drains. It’s also light and thin so easy to handle, pack away, and travel with.

I recommend keeping a waterless wash spray and clean microfibre cloth handy to clean around the tub where the cover touches before putting the cover on, to prevent any rub marks.

2 Likes