Which Steering wheel would you choose?

My black MK1 1.6 with detuned 88bhp engine, bought in 2002 when I had no clue what I was doing has joined me in a midlife crisis. The original steering wheel was changed by the original owner to the Momo competition wheel shown in the first photo. I like the Momo Ghilbli, as fitted to earlier cars but with cover or without cover? Which wheel/wheel combo would you choose, competition, ghibli or ghibli with horn cover?

1 Like

Ghilbli. All day long!! :slight_smile:

i like the first one!

Which one feels best to you?

On a purely aesthetic basis I like the looks of the first wheel you showed best. :+1:

Competition.
:heart:

The second one pictured, you’ve also got the option of the third one pictured by adding the cover.
I had a similar looking wheel (1st picture) on my NA, loved it but I think I’d stick now to a more OEM look if I owned another.

Thanks for the comments. I have had the competition wheel on for nearly 20 years, so will try the Ghibli for a few months. It just bolts straight to the boss anyway and will give me a chance to clean 20 years of grime off the competition. I personally think the Ghibli has more class, especially without the horn cover/wheel centre but it is a 370mm wheel with a narrower rim than the competition that is around 345mm.
Unfortunately I have a feeling the competition will be the better driving wheel; we will shortly find out. Driving has to be the priority but enough of these Ghiblis out there and sort after so I might be in for a surprise:-)

Picture 1 for me :+1:

Bit late to the party but of the three the Momo Ghilbli without the cover. As you said the diameter and rim size will make a huge difference - so I’m not sure which I’d like most if I actually drove the car. For what its worth my favorite Momo wheel is the Prototipo in black, so I’d look at finding one of those instead:)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.