Who can I trust about when my ND service is due?

1. My model of MX-5 is: 2019 ND
  2. I’m based near: Hampshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: Service schedule

Are people trying to make extra money out of me, or is it really due in a couple of weeks? It was last serviced September 2022 at 12,552 miles. Mileage is now 18,000.

• Car says due in 3 months, or 7,052 miles

• MyMazda app says due 9th September, or 25,052 miles, but with the caveat that ‘Skyactiv Technology uses actual driving conditions to calculate the next required service and displays it on your vehicle’s system’

• Mazda Marketing are chasing me with ‘Service interval should not exceed 12 months or 12,500 miles from the last service’

• Main dealer says the car is wrong and they must have made a mistake resetting something last time, and it’s due next month.

I don’t care about this from the point of view of looking after the car because I give it extra oil and filter changes between service schedules. I care about this from the point of view of maintaining the correct records for resale value.

For the UK it is 12 months or 12,500 miles.
It is all in here Manuals & Know your Mazda | Mazda UK Just chose your model and year and you will get all the options including the manuals in the drop down menue.
I would respectfully suggest that rather than changing engine oil and filter between services that you consider replacing both the gearbox and differential oils as these are more critical on the ND.
:heart:

1 Like

I would also agree, every 12 months or 12k miles whichever comes first. Yes to diff and gear oils, mine are changed every 2 year and 3 years respectively despite what service schedules say.

Is that a good idea for an NA?

All models I’d say, keep em well lubed.:+1: