Who is the CEO of British Gas

After their name, email and postal address. So many names coming up, think it maybe a Matthew Bateman. Any help appreciated.

don’t tell me, another failed BG smart meter, had one installed in March, never worked, and now telling me its at least September before they can come and have a 4th go at fixing it…

1 Like

He’s the managing director.
Chris O’Shea is CEO of Centrica, The British Gas parent company.

1 Like

No not a smart problem, without my consent they changed me from BGas to BG Evolve. No human contact, can’t alter DD amounts online, no paper billing. Did’nt ask for it and don’t want it. Been happy with BG for 35 plus years. If they can’t sort it back, I’ll move.

They do have a dedicated Web chat team based in the UK, and the tarrifs are cheaper.
They still shouldn’t have moved you without consent though…

1 Like

I’m having similar problems with Avro, Gas consumption down over 25% due to new boiler etc installed a year ago, my account is the equivalent of 3 months DD in credit and yet they’ve increased my DD payments by 25%! Can’t get through on the phone, no facility to change things on the website, on-line “chat” keep asking for “clarification” and in the end tells you to send emails which receive an automated reply that says “due to… it can take up to 4 weeks for your email to be dealt with”, if you’re lucky! Their “blurb” says that they will review usage figures and accounts after 6 months and 12 months to ensure that you are not paying too little or too much. Clearly that is a load of B*!!*x !!!
It appears from on-line complaint sites there are problems throughout the whole energy supply system and many, many companies are failing dismally with their customer support.

1 Like

No surprise there. BG’s website can’t even record the readings I put in!

1 Like

as a share holder still (very small though) my recent experiences with British Gas, and those of others recently have not been good, so best of luck. I have resisted moving of course, as I just know, whatever they all say, it will go wrong!.

1 Like

I was BG, went to Octopus. Then COVID. BG Smartmeter no longer works, obviously because I’m no longer a customer. Octopus won’t enter my house to fit a new one because of “distancing”.

Back in the day, I caught BG carrying out meter readings, then consequently making them up. I moaned enough, and got ÂŁ50 back.

Be warned, if you send a personal letter to a board member of a FTSE100 or similar, if there is anything off about the address, it is routed to a sorting office in Belfast for security examination. I was involved in a little police investigation from a few years over a energy company, concerning a package (literally helping them with their enquiries, from both sides of the equation) where I learned about this. The CEO won’t read your letter anyhow.

Best go through customer services, demand to speak to their manager. Sent them a stroppy email. Worked for me.

1 Like

Yes! you maybe right there, read that during the recent contract dispute with BG technicians/fitters, someone sent excrement through the post to a senior manager.
Will try the email route to Customer Services. Just so frustrating, you have it running to your liking and then someone changes it without a care for the customer.

It was probably a Smets1 meter, they are currently being upgraded to Smets2. My girlfriend had the same issue with the smart meter not working after moving from OVO enerygy, now after 18 months it has started to work. A Smets2 meter can be read by any supplier, and no one has to visit your house to upgrade it.

1 Like

Went with Save my Bills, who do the switching for you and saving ÂŁ20 a month over previous provider. I get an email once a month and send them my meter reading via their website. seems to work well.

1 Like

I’m with Igloo and despite they are putting their prices up I’m sticking with them for now. No smart meter (although they are getting pushy for me to get one) and happy to provide my readings each month via the app. Everything has been very good absolutely no need for ringing them for anything in 3 years. They put my DD up and I just reduce it again online and adjust it to suit me not them. They say I need to be paying £58 per month I say not and have it at £55. I just keep the DD ahead of the forthcoming bills each month and up to present have never paid anymore that £60 per month even in the winter months.
A 12% rise in prices come August could alter things though, move or stick, decision time then.

1 Like

Just an update.
I have received the monthly on-line request for meter readings that says:-
“Please supply your meter readings by 13/07/2021 TO ENSURE THAT WE DO NOT CHARGE YOU TOO LITTLE OR TOO MUCH”
In light of the present situation I assume that they’re just taking the p1zz! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face:

I was a Breeze Energy customer and when they went bust I had the misfortune to be automatically switched to British Gas by the regulator. I won’t bore everyone with the details but sufficient to say I’m now with Octopus but still bear the mental scars of my short time with British Gas. Shudder!

1 Like