Why are people so angry now?

For a moment, I thought you were referring to me in a Jag.

This is meant as a joke. If anyone objects to the wording then please report it.

Moderators, happy for you to delete if any offense caused.

If you were pootling along between Cannock and Telford then are you owning up

A police officer told me a long time ago, before Dash Cams were available, that if any idiot is tailgating you and you just momentarily touch your brakes  this will usually infuriate the idiot driving so close to you as you have given him a shock. Best to slowly increase your speed and turn off the road if you can.

I now have a Dash Cam I use in both of my cars and since buying it, I had a guy do something similarly to me and further up the road pulled up in front of me so close he was obviously trying to drive me off the road. He got out of his car and headed towards me in a threatening manner I just made sure the car door was locked, smiled at him and made a clear hand movement of moving my Dash Cam so it was pointing at him. As soon as he saw the Dash Cam he stopped and turned back to his car and roared off.  It is a good tool to have when you may make a decision based on a driver not cancelling the indicators to turn left, after turning left onto the road further along the road before they reached me. In my experience these angry drivers are those that are usually in the wrong. 

I used to ride with one of my students back in Alabama. When he got mad at other drivers, he’d just reach over to his glovebox and pull out his HiPower to wave about some. He got busted eventually for taking a firearm onto State property. Learnt his lesson, as he eventually had a successful commissioned career in the Navy.

I would never brake test anyone. Idiotic advice from a police officer.

One of my former neighbours is American, an oil man.  One day he was giving me a lift and he could not believe how aggressive the drivers were here (1970s when there was still room on the roads), and suggested if he cut up someone like that back in LA he’d get shot.

Because children are sponges who just soak up information and use it, they learn from what’s around them. Give them a language to learn at that age and they’ll have it in weeks.

I for one caught my daughter when she was about 6 or 7 laughing at a punk walking down the road. And when i say punk i mean full on spiky mohican, safety pins everywhere, the works, Huddersfield is a bit of a rock/punk town or used to be so this is not uncommon. So after we had passed by i pulled over and asked her to explain why she was laughing, the only reasoning was she looked funny. So i reasoned what if that was the normal and the way you dressed was funny to them and they laughed how would that make you feel? She said that would make me sad and then could see why what she did was wrong, hopefully that made her a more tolerant person in later life.  

Kids learn at an astonishing rate and as others have said we could do well to learn from them at times.

My apologies! I must endeavour to be more candid and forthright in future.

I do note however…nobody so far has mock-shocked or “snowflaked” me with " I say sir…that was a bit harsh/cynical/ dark"…etc etc.

^^^ we think this every day but keep our thoughts to ourselves 

Well said

I did actually drive for a little while a Miata, one of the M-Editions, with bullet holes. I think though those were stray shots from hunters, rather than anyone aiming at it.

Anybody remember the Esso windscreen bullet hole stickers back in the 60s?

(Said the old git who can’t remember his passwords but remembers sh*t from 50 years ago)

I’m with you on both counts there my friend !  

What about the tiger tail made of highly inflammable nylon that was to be hung round the filler cap?

Do you only see in black and white?

Sorry, posted on wrong thread, delete please.

Certainly do.  And go faster chequered tape on the side of Minis.  And Green Shield stamps ( the profits

from which, the owner set up Argos stores ).

A Riley 1.5 , as in pic above. was my very first car. A 1959 model bought for £95 in 1973. Equivalent to £1140 today.

Twin carburettors, 1489cc, it was quite quick for the time.

I stopped driving to work for a few years because of stress, and took the tube instead; however, the Canadians have found that ‘driving tiny cars’ allows lab rats to lower their stress levels.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50167812

Is an MX5 tiny enough?  It certainly reduces my stress levels these days. 

If we are doing that test with rats do you think us and our MX-5s are part of an experiment by some superior beings?

Roadie, you’ve been watching those “Matrix” films haven’t you!

Just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get you.