Wife has short legs

1. My model of MX-5 is: __ 2010 NC3
  2. I’m based near: __ Elgin
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __ clutch ped extension

My wife had her first drive in my 2.0 NC3 Sports today and with the seat as far forward as comfortable she had trouble getting the clutch pedal to the floor. Now, not sure if pedal needs to go to the floor but if it does is there such a thing as like a rubber pad that would fit over the clutch pedal to give the extra 1 inch or so she needs.

No mucky responses !

4 Likes

If she is ok with the throttle and brake pedal positions - you could have the clutch push rod adjusted so the clutch does not need to be pushed in to the carpet for good gear changes.

3 Likes

Just seen this but very expensive over kill

2 Likes

Sounds reasonable. Is the adjustment easy, at the pedal or the clutch itself underneath.

These would help her reach the top shelf in Asda as well. Game changer imho but shmbo says No!

1 Like

It’s a good excuse to keep her out of it :joy:

At the pedal. A search on here will give you ‘how to do it’ advice.

It is always useful to share the driving, I always drive to the pub and S always drives home!!! Can’t argue against that.
:heart:

2 Likes

images

As Mad_Malc has posted - adjustment is at the pedal via a pushrod and locknut.

One advantage of the short wife may be that she can get under the dash much easier than you !!

1 Like

Also factor in wheel refurbishment costs. :wink:

Great advice in both points thanks

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

block of wood zip tied to the pedal - and the foot rest too if required

Cheap fix. I like it. Does it stay in place though ?

That’s what Short Round does in “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”.

1 Like

Hasnt moved a mm. As you can see - it’s tied in 2 directions
Mind you the zip ties are exceedingly tight and MOT tester hasnt noticed or challenged it in over 5 years :wink:

1 Like

Plus one for adjusting the pushrod.
Also, you can get racy drilled-metal covers for the pedals.
I believe they attach over the existing rubbers, so should give some extra reach

How would these mods impact on your insurance?

Adjuting the clutch pushrod is maintenance .