Will a car cover reduce condensation?

Condensation is making me cry [:(] It has been so bad there has been ice on the inside of the screen and the hood [:(]

I had a new hood fitted at the end of the summer and stripped out the inside to make sure everything was dry but this winter has been awful. Luckily it isnt my daily driver - but that just means Im spending time each weekend trying to get the inside dry (only to be faced with the same problem the following w/e)

I’m wondering if a decent car cover will improve things? I did buy one last year from Care4car in the club discount section but it was useless so I sent it back in the end. Moss do a more expensive version and I’d happliy pay the £70 if I thought it would work.

Have told the wife that this year we are moving to a house with a garage - recession or no recession!!!

It should help, but it depends on where the water is coming from.

Were there issues before the new roof was fitted, or only after?

A little bit of condensation at this time of year, with a car with a cloth roof is understandable, but not so much that it actually manages to freeze and become a problem.

There are quite a few common places, but judging by the amount, it has got to be in the cabin area (as opposed to the boot), I trust that both seats remain dry, and that there are not water droplets on the windows? (Or, are they all condensation?)

1 Like

You could try  moisture absorbant packs such as these.,

http://www.airandwatercentre.com/store/SEURLF/ASP/SFS/CID.42/PID.459/SFE/productdetails.htm

I think I heard someone say that even Tesco do them or something similar

It might get you through the winter or until you can solve the real problem. If bad damp is getting in you may still have the problem even if you use a garage. Although the car has time to dry out while it is in there. 

Checked the floor carpet behind the seats today and its soaking wet - very depressing. Boot is wet as well. Have persuaded my father-in-law to let me use his garage so I think its seats and carpets out again and a couple of weeks in the dry getting the inside totally free of water. Then it might make sense to invest in the cover to keep it dry once its back on the driveway.

Roll on summer!

Is your roof/fitting not under warranty?

Have you cleaned out the rear drains behind the seats sounds like they are blocked this will give you condensation and wet floor

Anthony has stolen my thunder or great minds think alike you new roof should be water proofed before you fitted it but once you have cleaned out the draines treat it to Autoglim roof treatment about £25-30 squid but worth it,