Windows broken in RF

Hi

Just wanting to check other users experience with the RF. I own a 2019 RF (the 181 BHP version). It is a lovely car and I enjoy driving it.

BUT……….

I have now had two issues with the windows, simply refusing to work. I only just had the drivers side window sorted out about three months ago, I had to cajole Mazda UK to part pay towards the repairs (the car was just out of warranty ) in fairness, they paid 90% of the cost which was mainly labour. Imagine my annoyance yesterday when the passenger window decides to give up the ghost. I now have a window stuck in the down position

. Luckily(?) the car is due a service (the last in a service plan I bought- no idea why I did that I don’t normally) so I have asked them to look at the window at the same time. The lady I spoke to says it appears to be a fairly common problem with the RF version and certainly this is the second window so that seems to ring true.

My question is, is this a known fault and how have people approached it? I had to do battle last time since Mazda just said the car was out of warranty which I thought was totally unreasonable when the window just failed two months after its warranty had expired

Many thanks

Window regulators, a few failures have been reported.

See this thread

Regulator water damage

MX5Parts sell them.

Thanks