Winter top off action

Took the mx5 to work today and had to stop to admire the frosty scenery.

Hat on. Heaters up to max. Brilliant. Love it when Tintop car drivers give you the “what a nob head” look

15 Likes

Love the ‘non’ to fool the system, a natural typo?!!!
:heart:

Well I was convinced I typed “NOB” but have edited to correct myself !

2 Likes

Doesn’t relly count unless you’ve got th windows fully down as well as the roof!

1 Like

You know what ? I never drive like that. Always windows up.

My MX5 is my daily drive, to and from work 1 degree, blower on max, heated seats on level two, big smile, roof down there and back :+1:
… Windows were up though :confounded:

6 Likes

If it’s cold - no problem

If it’s wet as well - brolly needed

4 Likes

I’ve got my usual Kuhmo PS71 tyres on. Doubt I’ll be out when it snows properly.

Too cold to open the RF, according to the manual.
Once the frost melts off I might open up.

The ND soft top manual says no folding back below 6 degrees too

4 Likes

I’ve had some of my best top down trips at minus 6 so I better not get an ND. Not that I would be able to fit into one properly…

1 Like

I assume the logic for not opening the soft top roof below 6 degrees is to prevent damage to the fabric of the roof as it could be less pliable :thinking:. Or is there a risk of damage to the rubber seals

1 Like

What suspension have you got it sits nice?

Warm garage start always helps and on my previous soft tops once you’ve warmed the cabin up properly dropping the roof is fine.

Obviously if the whole ting is frozen up you’re risking it…

3 Likes

Meister R. Club Race.

According to the book of words, there is a rubber waterproof layer in the top, which would be prone to cracking if folded at low temperatures.

2 Likes

EPDM is good down to -50deg C so unlikely to be a problem with a quality material. Cheaper stuff may not be as good.

I think I had their LP . Strictly business.

Hang on. that was EPMD

M-m

4 Likes

that looks ideal to me