Wireless reversing camera to phone display

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC 3.5 2.0__
  2. I’m based near: __Exeter
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: reversing camera__

It occurred to me that something like this would be a great solution for reversing confidence.

Lo and behold, they do exist and for a modest sum.

I wonder if anybody has tried one??

Hi,
I have the number plate surround reverse camera fitted to my car linked in through the double din Pioneer unit that I had fitted by Incartec in Marsh Barton Exeter.

Interesting.
I haven’t heard of Incartek, I will look them up.
Did you fit the camera or did they?
I haven’t seen any pics of a number plate surround camera, only of a camera fitted under the bootlid.
I think I’ve seen your car around Exeter…

I had a good experience with Incartec when I needed a kit for my Volvo. The kit for my model year did not exist so they made bespoke wiring for me at no charge. Very knowledgeable and good service they do not just sell boxes, they understand it which is rare.

1 Like

Hi, I fitted it myself not to bad to do, there are some entry holes on the back panel where your number plate goes that allow the wire to be fed through into the boot.
Link for number plate camera surround.

Looks good. It does need a monitor though.

This is the type of thing I had in mind, not necessarily this one.
I have a phone already sitting on the dash, so why not use the screen for a reversing camera

Hi

I see this is for an NC

Do you know if a similar item exists for an NA - Mines a 1995 V Spec

Steve

I don’t think these are car specific at all

Hi
I was really asking if anyone had seen the no plate type for a rear square number plate which of course is for the Eunos. Would japanese parts suppliers know do you think.

Steve

Again, this is plate specific rather than car specific
If I had a square plate and wanted to fit a surround incorporating a camera, I would simply cut the ends of the surround off