Wiring the ND corner bumper reflectors to the turn signals

1. My model of MX-5 is: mk4
  2. I’m based near: west yorkshire
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: _Wiring the ND corner bumper reflectors to the turn signals…I have had my Nd1 now for 2 1/2 years and i have done quite a few mods to it . have seen these on mx5 parts and wondered if anyone has wired them into the turn signals, and if they have what do they look like.

I’ve wired up the front one only.

Hi F,
I have wired these Bumper Reflector Set, US Spec, MX5 Mk4 (mx5parts.co.uk) into the side lights at both front and rear.
Which ones are you wanting to wire into the turn signals? and why?
Let me know and I will try and help.
:heart:

They look good,and so does the car. I am wanting to wire the smoked led set into the turn signal.I think it might look good.

Are they these Bumper Corner Reflector Set, Smoked Illuminated, MX5 Mk4 (mx5parts.co.uk) Do you have a loom for each lamp? If so how do the wires terminate? (Is there a plug or just bare wires)
This Manual pages - MX5 Manual | Mazda MX5 (Mk4) 2015+ shows the wiring of the turn signals and the colour you are looking for. You need to tap into the correct and relevant live wire for each corner with one wire and then attach the other wire (usually black) to a suitable earth point.
To get to the wires on the loom you will need to remove the the trim in the boot at the rear on both sides and the inner wheel arch liners at the front on each side.
These Amazon.co.uk : scothlock are suitable to tap into the wires but you could do it ‘properly’ by soldering if you have the tools and skill. However you do it always protect the joint with heat shrink tube or good quality tape so as to prevent water ingress.

1 Like

Hi
Yes that is them.They do come with a loom,my only real question is will i have issues with the canbus control?and if so how would i overcome it.

So looking again,there is a plug so you can connect to the led and a black and a red wire that come from the back of the plug that are bare.

You should have no issues with them, just tap into the live with the red wire and the black goes to earth. (ground)
The ones I have use ordinary bulbs and work without any issues on the side light loom.
If you are worried just do one at a time and try after each connection.
As you can see from the wiring diagram you can pick up the fronts from the side repeater wire if it is easier but the front indicator is nearer to the side markers. There are plenty of earth points available at both ends of the car.

Thank you malc for all your help.it does look pretty straight forward.

Take your time, double check you have the right wire and you will be fine.

1 Like

Will do,and thank you again.