Worst thing about the nd

What a great feature to add if I were ever to sell my NBFL :rofl:

I completely forgot that point! I don’t fit in my own passenger seat due to the lack of legroom :see_no_evil:
Luckily, I am always the driver :racing_car:

Surely you can stuff them into the aperture in front of the gear lever! If not you could put them behind the sun visors.

My biggest irritation is when you pull up and want to put the roof back up. The flipping i-Stop activates and you have to restart the engine or go through the sequence of switching the ignition on (without starting the engine), then put the windows up followed by switching the ignition off again.

1 Like

I don’t get this, why does the i-Stop affect this?

Mmmm. Maybe I got it wrong and it is me. I just sometimes have to go through an engine start button performance to get the windows back up.

You can turn the engine off and still wind the windows up, but if you open the doors, or wait too long then you will have to re-start to put them up.

Oo do you still have to lower the windows a smidgen to be able to close the roof??
Thought Mazda could sorted this by now

No you don’t. The windows drop automatically when you put the roof down. The problem is that when you put the roof back up they do not go back up automatically but you have to use the window buttons to raise the windows. As somebody has said this may be for safety reasons.

Maybe this is what is happening when my wife gets out of the car before I have put the roof back up and closed the windows. Maybe Mazda should stop the passenger seat belt buckle from releasing until the roof is back up. That will serve her right :rofl:

1 Like

You have got it now. The house rule is that no one opens a door till the roof is secured on pain of death!!!
:heart:

So mx5 nd will allow users to fully close the roof without the need for windows to be partially open, is that right?

Yes, it is all automatic.
When you release the roof latch the windows drop slightly and when you fasten it again they go up.
They do a similar thing when you open a door and shut it again.

They don’t go up when you close the roof, you have to do this with the switches.

1 Like

True, sorry.

OK - I can’t stand if any longer; the worst thing about the ND is that it isn’t an NB.

There… I said it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I loved my NB until the quarter panels started bubbling at 4 1/2 years old. I remember internet stories of unsold inventory sitting around in wet conditions and other stories around a bad batch of steel… Whatever the cause it made me take the jump to an NC, which also required rust repairs in my ownership… I’m now on to MX-5 number 7, don’t keep, them very long, see above.

Ha, funny. I didn’t like the wheel on my 4 yo 8,500 mile ND when I bought it last year, either. So I had it recovered by Royal Steering Wheels in Stoke Mandeville nr Aylesbury in Buckinghamshire. They thickened the rim just slightly and trimmed it with perforated leather on the sides of the wheel. Matched the dark cherry red stitching of the original perfectly too. Shots show before and after. Cost £175 + £30 fitting. Very very happy!

3 Likes

Loved my NB too. It looked great in black, handling was very good but as mine was the 1.6 it was a tad slow, I’m sure the 1.8 was a bit quicker. Moved on to 1.5 ND R - Sport and very pleased. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. The simplicity of the NA and NB definitely appeals, but the later models have their virtues too., not least the fact they are newer.

They go back up on my launch edition RF :thinking: I thought all RFs did unless you are in the USA.