Would you buy a Cat S ND?

Assuming it’s been properly repaired, would you buy a Cat S car?

how long is a piece of string!?

Depends what happened to it to deem it a CAT S and what was done to repair it. Would need to see details of the repair. Also get a quote to insure as a CAT car costs more I think.

Seems a very reasonable price though for a car that is fixed properly. I wouldn’t expect perfection but would want to know it’s structurally solid with no corners cut

2 Likes

I’ve had loads of damaged cars over the years never been a big problem, just got to be properly cheap . Issue is when people buy a car at top money and then find out it’s an accident repair , professional body shops are that good you would never know

1 Like

READ THIS before you do anything

1 Like

Loving the cobra back box…

1 Like

Do a Vcheck/car vertical check on it before going any further, as they MAY have photos of the car in its damaged form, especially if it’s been through copart or one of the other salvage auctions.
I’ve no idea what a non cat similar spec car retails for, but you should be paying 25-30% less for the damaged repaired one if you go ahead.
If you don’t know your way around damaged cars, make sure you get it inspected by someone who does.
The pictures show lots of different greys, although that maybe just the light/camera.
Personally, with a convertible in particular, I wouldn’t go near it.

1 Like

Providing you check thoroughly, I would say yes.
I never regretted buying a Cat C.

1 Like

Hi.
Just to let you know that the majority of our insurance schemes have no issues with previously written off vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.

2 Likes

From experience, 2 things. 1. Rear quarter panel damage puts the rear axle out of alignment. On a solid straight through axles that is a problem, on the mx5 I’m not sure because its fully adjustable
2. If the car is involved in a further collision the insurance company deducts 20% off the cat value so you will end up out of pocket.

1 Like

Yep, definately. Insurers are writing off cars with silly little bits of damage due to the high cost of repairs now.

I’ve just bought a 2.0 sport Cat N, whats wrong with it i hear you ask ??.

Dented front wing !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.