Y Reg Mk2.5 Splash Green Mica

Seen today 25/08/23 on Chester Road, Poynton, Cheshire Top down and rear GB sticker! I was in our daily driver not our MX5 shown below.

Make yourself known.
Regards
Nic

Am I missing something here? That doesn’t look like a Y Reg or Splash Green to me… (Doesn’t look like a T Reg either to be fair).

T125 OOG

Colour Blue

Date registered 31 December 1999

Looks like an NBFL but was registered 7 months before the NBFL was announced. IIANM I have seen one or two other T reg NB’s with NBFL noses and always assumed they had been either transfered number plates or upgraded. If upgraded presumably that would mean new wings, bonnet bumper and light units, is that a big job ?

All To clarify,
Thats my MK2 in Twilight Blue Mica which I included in my post to show that I’m an MX5 Owner, Im looking for the chap who was driving the Splash Green Mica car on Friday as he could be local to me?
As for my Car it was Registered in May 1999 entering the UK in Febuary of that year after manufacture in Japan in January. Ive had it for 5 years now and got it exactly as I want it.
The NB Facelift Mk2.5 modification was underatken by me with help from MX5 Heaven (Nick) who supplied the Bumper and fog lamps, Ebay for the MK2.5 headlamps and a chap downunder in Australia who demonstrated how to make an adapter loom to convert the headlamp wiring from Mk2 to Mk2.5 standard. And of course the bumper repaint in twight blue to match the car!
You may ask why go to all that trouble, simple really I dont like tombstone seats or white dials with orange illumination!
Best Regards
Nic
NB Robbie I posted about a 6 speed gearbox fit- any thoughts?

Would it not have been easier and maybe cheaper to take the tombstone seats and white dials out of a 2.5 :thinking: Either way looks good :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks for the complement😉. Having bought the car after a good examination at the sellers and having got it home, I further investigated all the usual places and found I’d got a minter. Totally original.
It was therefore a no brainer to keep it and get it up to the spec I wanted, particularly given the Chassis Rail issues with NBFLs.
As for changing the Dials and the orange back lighting seems a bit fiddly and complex?
Cheers
Nic

Maybe you did the right thing then :slight_smile: Now I have had my NBFL chassis rails and quite a lot of other bits sorted, just suspension and complete respray to go, I am pleased as punch. Love the white dials which I also prefer on my watches, though I have absolutely no idea why. Either way Zoom Zoom Happy motoring :sunglasses: :+1:

Good Evening Art,
Firstly, my watches - some have white faces and some black!
I had both full sills replaced and the Rear Arches also with the front wings off for added corrosion protection!
Then in 2022 I rebuilt all four cornersof the suspension with powder coated top and bottom wishbones with oem bushes and new Bolts!
I then had it fully four wheel aligned - Tracked, Camber, & Castor- it now drives like a new MX5 NB.
Ive also had it repainted with everything removed.
Good luck with yours.
Nic

1 Like

Thanks Nick, mine still drives very well, just can see the condition of the rubber is a little wanting , I have all the OEM bushes, drop links, nuts bolts and new arms all in stock just got to pull the trigger on getting it done !

Good Stuff,
I have a good mate with a Ramp so its straight forward to do all the work fortunately.
Try and get it it done soonest, it makes a great deal of difference and once set up what a difference the driving experience is.
Let me know when you’ve done it.
Best Regards
Nic

Yes thanks I will do, got rather a lot of family care and admin to focus on at the moment but once that is out the way I can focus on getting my toys in order.

Just diving on here to say that I owned T125 OOG two decades ago. It’s so lovely to see that it’s still on the road and looking so cared for. I’ve always regretted selling it but a baby was coming and family car was required.

1 Like

Good Evening Ian,
Thanks for your response, much appreciated.
Be assured that she (T125 OOG) is probably one of the best MX5 NBs around at present.
I have been a classic car enthusiast for longer than I care to admit (MGBs).
She was bought by me in 2018 from Tamworth but I believe she was originally registered at Mazda main dealers in Wolverhampton.
In the the 5 years of ownership I have lavished much time and and expenditure getting her back to pristine condition😉.
Shes a keeper for me now, and we travel around the country enjoying her handling and performance.
Any further details you can supply would be much appreciated’I assume you owned her in 2003 and now have a replacement MX5?
Regards
NaC

I think I owned it from 2002/3 to 2006 or thereabouts. Not much to tell, it was still very new. I seem to recall the alloys were non standard and added by the first owner. The only work I had done was to get the front right panel straightened and repainted after I knocked it against a pillar in a multi-storey. I was a low mileage driver, probably 3-5k a year.

I have no MX5 at the moment and joined the forum only to make contact as I’d googled the reg and found this post. Thinking of getting another once I’ve sold my current second car.

Ok, Thanks for that.
It had done 61K miles when I got it and its done 71K now.
Ive fitted a MK 2.5 front end, had both sills and rear arches done plus fitted California alloys and a new hood.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.